PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2009, 02:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

mykers is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Windows Theme File Help

Please HELP! Normally I do not have issues installing Themes on my Touch Pro. However, I managed to find one I like and its a Windows Theme File. How Do I install a Windows theme file on my phone. When I upload the file to my storage card I get a error when I try to double click and install. Please help or direct me to where I need to be. Thanks for your help.

Show The Love
Old 01-20-2009, 02:32 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO
Carrier: EPRP 500

stevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Windows Theme File Help

What's the file extension? .TSK? or something else?

Usually you don't have to double click it, just put in your storage card's root directory, then go to Settings -> Today and you shall see that in the list. Select and OK.

Don't try to use a desktop Windows -OS theme file on a Windows Mobile, doesn't work that way...
Old 01-20-2009, 02:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

mykers is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedusa View Post
What's the file extension? .TSK? or something else?

Usually you don't have to double click it, just put in your storage card's root directory, then go to Settings -> Today and you shall see that in the list. Select and OK.

Don't try to use a desktop Windows -OS theme file on a Windows Mobile, doesn't work that way...
Thats what I did and I cannot find it under the today screen. I downloaded this file from this site. file is attached.
Attached Files
File Type: rar glauque by xsit 57.rar (2.80 MB, 14 views) Click for barcode!
Old 01-20-2009, 03:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO
Carrier: EPRP 500

stevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Oh it's a RAR file. Well you need to extract it using either WinRAR (www.rarlabs.com) or something else.

Certain ROMS has PocketRAR built in, which you can get it from the link I gave you earlier too.

Also, the content is a .theme file, seems like it's for the TouchFlo. What you need is the TF3D Config to install it. Do a search and you shall find it.
Old 01-20-2009, 04:30 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

You can find the link here.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42730

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
Old 02-15-2009, 06:59 PM
cabindoor

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

what do you need to do on TF3D Config to install it???
Old 11-03-2009, 12:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

TP_Cutie24F is a n00b

I'm in the same boat with my TP i am trying to install a .theme file but cannot find it anywhere on my storage card. I dont know what you mean by put it in my storage cards root directory?

If j00 c4n r34d 7h1$, j00 $p3nd w4y 2 much 71m3 0nL1n3
Old 11-04-2009, 02:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

TP_Cutie24F is a n00b

still need help on this
Old 11-09-2009, 12:39 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint!

veedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to veedubguru

He just means to put it on the storage card without putting it inside any folders on the storage card.

.tsk files change the theme on the task bars (top and bottom windows task bars) and sometimes text highlights when selecting items. To install these, you can put them anywhere on your phone or storage card, then use file explorer on your phone to select that .tsk file. They will self-install.

.theme files change the theme on TouchFlo. You would want TF3D config as mentioned above, and if you look around in that program, you'll see the option to change themes. You'll want to read the threads related to TF3D config because there is a "tweak" file that it drops in your program folder when you install it that you have to delete to make the program work on the Touch Pro. It was originally intended for the Diamond.

Hope that helps, if not I can try and get you pointed in the right direction.
Old 11-09-2009, 02:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

TP_Cutie24F is a n00b

i finally figured it out and am enjoying my girly theme i had to first figure out how to use tf3d config because it wasnt working on my pro until i deleted the tweaks xml file.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro