PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2009, 03:15 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Most new phones from these carriers except BBs (don't like RIM).
Carrier: Sprint, ATT, Verizon AND T-Mobile. Yes, you read right.

snovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Is it possible to have different configs between soft & hard keyboard?

I do most of my casual SMS via soft-keyboard in portrait, phone keypad, using the HTC T9. This works well for me.

At times, I slide out the hardware keybaord because I need to enter numerical strings, acronyms, or specialized terms and I find that it is easier. When I return to SMS in portrait mode, the soft keyboard changes to the HTC QWERTY and multi-tap (ABC). I have to re-select Phone pad and T9.

Is there a way to:

1) Make the soft-key SIP method and configuration independent of the hardware keyboard, so that when I slide out the keyboard, the soft key SIP does not change?

2) Make the soft-key use the HTC T9 correction, and the hardware keyboard use the traditional/old-school Windows Mobile correction? Again, keeping the hardware keyboard and soft keyboard SIP configs seperate.

I know there is a way to go entirely to traditional correction, but it screws up the soft-keyboard.

Any ideas or help?

Thanks.

Edit: Related question: Is is possible to EDIT the WM/traditional correction dictionary? I know it is possible to clear the word list, but is there a way to edit/add/delete words from the dictionary? I know there is a way to for the HTC T9, but know of no method for the WM correction. Thanks again.

Last edited by snovvman; 01-18-2009 at 03:17 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro