PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2009, 04:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

ifreewillie is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Some problems/concerns with TP

Spent a lot of time reading through the the threads in this forum and can't find an answer for:

-What is this animation on TF3D people are talking about? Also read it somewhere that it's removed on the newer version of TP.

-Is it possible to add more to the list on the homepage of TF3D, other than call history and calendar? (i.e. task, live search, etc)

-While under photos and videos in Manila, and flicking through pictures, my TF3D reboots itself. Is this a common problem and is there a fix? The pictures are from the microsd if that matters.

-Is there a method out there that can remove default programs (i.e. pocketexpress, sprint nav, sprint store) WITHOUT going through hard reset and soft reset process?

Thanks in advance.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-17-2009, 08:18 AM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Some problems/concerns with TP

Answers....

#1...referring to the sprint logo animation you see when rebooting or turning on your phone.

#2...nope...

#3...It's been said that adding pictures from another digital cam to the TP can cause this issue. Not sure if it's common, but mine doesn't do it.

#4...yes and no. You can have them removed but it's a process. Read this forum on how to do it.....http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=44583.....credit: Goodthings2life
Old 01-17-2009, 08:21 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifreewillie View Post
Spent a lot of time reading through the the threads in this forum and can't find an answer for:

-What is this animation on TF3D people are talking about? Also read it somewhere that it's removed on the newer version of TP.

-Is it possible to add more to the list on the homepage of TF3D, other than call history and calendar? (i.e. task, live search, etc)

-While under photos and videos in Manila, and flicking through pictures, my TF3D reboots itself. Is this a common problem and is there a fix? The pictures are from the microsd if that matters.

-Is there a method out there that can remove default programs (i.e. pocketexpress, sprint nav, sprint store) WITHOUT going through hard reset and soft reset process?

Thanks in advance.
1. The animated version that you are reffering to is from the GSM(?) version of the original ROMs. ITs cool. I have a cab somewhere and I will post it. IT adds theis slick animation when you go from one tab to another.

2. Possibly, what are you lookin to do?

3. Bad pic somewhere? Does it do it on the same pic all the time?

4. Yes, there is a sticky about this... http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=44583

Donations always accepted but never expected!
Old 01-17-2009, 08:24 AM
VIP Member

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator352 View Post
Answers....

#1...referring to the sprint logo animation you see when rebooting or turning on your phone.

#2...nope...

#3...It's been said that adding pictures from another digital cam to the TP can cause this issue. Not sure if it's common, but mine doesn't do it.

#4...yes and no. You can have them removed but it's a process. Read this forum on how to do it.....http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=44583.....credit: Goodthings2life
4. Oh you gave him the link.

3. you may be correct about the pic issues. I think so. I know i have that problem with an HP DigiCam. My pics from teh 5 meg cam just wont display on the 6 meg cam. Its really wierd. Thoey all showup fne through windows and the HP software. His issue could be like that?

2. No so true... It may be capable.... I read it had been done a couple times.

1. Uhhhh.... He is talking about the GSM manila, not the Boot time animation.
Old 01-17-2009, 08:29 AM
Gatornator

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

[quote=scrosler;646747]1. The animated version that you are reffering to is from the GSM(?) version of the original ROMs. ITs cool. I have a cab somewhere and I will post it. IT adds theis slick animation when you go from one tab to another.

2. Possibly, what are you lookin to do?

3. Bad pic somewhere? Does it do it on the same pic all the time?

4. Yes, there is a sticky about this... http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=44583[/quote]

I don't think they have found a way to add more items to the homescreen....I.E. call history/calendar, etc. in TF3D. I think they have (with reg edits) been able to add more appointments but not sure.
Old 01-17-2009, 08:32 AM
Gatornator

About the animation, you might be right....I never knew there was GSM manilla animation. So I thought he was referring to changing the startup animation.
Old 01-17-2009, 08:40 AM
VIP Member

Quote:

I don't think they have found a way to add more items to the homescreen....I.E. call history/calendar, etc. in TF3D. I think they have (with reg edits) been able to add more appointments but not sure.

Ahhhhhh, Ok. Maybe thats what I was thinking of!
Old 01-17-2009, 08:41 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
About the animation, you might be right....I never knew there was GSM manilla animation. So I thought he was referring to changing the startup animation.

I will grab it off my SD card once this last flash completes.

Its cool as hell. Some people say its not as compatible with the tweaks and themes but I perosnally can apply any tweak or theme I can find. Never had an issue.

EDIT: Here ya go... Its pretty cool. Be warned in advance... Becasue this removes and edits core manila files (EXE and DLL's) I am unsure of how well it can be removed.

I use this on my personal ROM and have an OEM for it if you like it. Let me know and I will attach that as well.
Attached Files
File Type: cab tlr-manila.cab (3.66 MB, 6 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by scrosler; 01-17-2009 at 08:46 AM.
Old 01-17-2009, 08:46 AM
Gatornator

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler View Post
I will grab it off my SD card once this last flash completes.

Its cool as hell. Some people say its not as compatible with the tweaks and themes but I perosnally can apply any tweak or theme I can find. Never had an issue.

BRB
Cool man thx! I will try it out! I have some tweaks (batt and cache tweaks) installed but not any themes so maybe I won't have an issue. Does this animation hinder performance at all?
Old 01-17-2009, 08:49 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Cool man thx! I will try it out! I have some tweaks (batt and cache tweaks) installed but not any themes so maybe I won't have an issue. Does this animation hinder performance at all?
Perfoamnce: Yes and no. I think because it does the flippy screen animation when you hit the tab butons it may swap screens a little slow but that is a given because aniumation takes time.

On the same note... and this prolly wont bother you.... The slider from side to side cant quite go as fast as the newer version. I mean you have to go FAST to make it lag. BUt under NORMAL use, I think overal its quikcer and uses less memory. Not 100% on the mem but its a gut feel based on free mem before and after cab install.

I attached the CAB to my previous post.

Let me know what you think

On MY Rom the response was about this....

25 percetn of the peopl fell in love and request it all the time....
50 percetn of the pople didint care anyway
25 percetn hated it

Let me know what you think

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro