PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2009, 12:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Help with UC

This is something that I have wanted to do, ever since I unlocked my first 6700. I have read and read, and I usually just get bogged down, and give up. I know it would probably be a lengthy tutorial, but I'd be willing to donate for a noob style "step by step", if someone would be so gracious. Although I'm a quick learner, I've never even made a cab ... but that sounds like an interesting method to keep things clean and simple. Anyone ... ?
Old 02-19-2009, 01:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

kyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAccuser View Post
I may be overlooking some options, but is there a way to use the xml file to create my exchange account, or is it only possible to perform that option for IMAP/POP?
If you scroll down to the bottom of that xml file posted, you will see all the settings for email.
Old 02-19-2009, 01:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Rezound

phattooth is a VIPphattooth is a VIPphattooth is a VIPphattooth is a VIPphattooth is a VIPphattooth is a VIPphattooth is a VIPphattooth is a VIPphattooth is a VIPphattooth is a VIPphattooth is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAccuser View Post
I may be overlooking some options, but is there a way to use the xml file to create my exchange account, or is it only possible to perform that option for IMAP/POP?
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmdunn View Post
This is something that I have wanted to do, ever since I unlocked my first 6700. I have read and read, and I usually just get bogged down, and give up. I know it would probably be a lengthy tutorial, but I'd be willing to donate for a noob style "step by step", if someone would be so gracious. Although I'm a quick learner, I've never even made a cab ... but that sounds like an interesting method to keep things clean and simple. Anyone ... ?
Maybe this will help... I just went over this in a PM this morning with someone else... might as well post it as well.

1st, download OEMizer.

So to start, let's drop a folder on the desktop (Or anywhere) called "OEMizerTemp", then inside that create a folder called "OEMizer" and place OEMizer.exe and the help.chm files in there.

Now launch the OEMizer app... on the OEM info tab, dont worry about too much of that... it wont really matter for this.

Next, move down and highlight and check the "Mail2Web/Exhacnage" tab...
Click "new" and fill in your info. Be sure to click "Save" when you have everything filled in.

Move up to the POP/IMAP tab and repeat for any POP/IMAP accounts you may have.

Now, just go up and click on the Green "Create OEM".
You should now have an OEM folder inside or your OEMizerTemp Folder, and another new folder inside of that with a few files.

Now, find the file "mxip_myProv_100.provxml" in your new above directory, and change the name to "emailSettings.xml" (or something of the like) and you should have a file that looks something like this....

Now just take your newly created EmailSetting.xml and drop it in SDConfig.txt using the "XML" command... I usually put it as the last thing.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Last edited by phattooth; 02-19-2009 at 02:07 PM.
This post has been thanked 12 times.
Old 02-19-2009, 01:39 PM
VIP Member

kyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Very nice run down on that man! i'm gonna give this way a try!
Old 02-19-2009, 01:40 PM
VIP Member

phattooth is a VIPphattooth is a VIPphattooth is a VIPphattooth is a VIPphattooth is a VIPphattooth is a VIPphattooth is a VIPphattooth is a VIPphattooth is a VIPphattooth is a VIPphattooth is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle4269 View Post
Very nice run down on that man! i'm gonna give this way a try!
Awesome, thanks alot man!
Glad you found it helpful!

Let me know if you have any questions.
Old 02-19-2009, 01:50 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phattooth View Post

It looks right, but we'll see tonight when Scott puts the Rev C out.
Old 02-19-2009, 04:52 PM
VIP Member

HA! I hear that man!
Just when you think you got the perfect flash.... out comes Scotty with a new Kitchen!
Old 02-20-2009, 01:35 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Verizon Touch Pro 2

oldman is halfway to VIP status based on repoldman is halfway to VIP status based on repoldman is halfway to VIP status based on repoldman is halfway to VIP status based on repoldman is halfway to VIP status based on repoldman is halfway to VIP status based on repoldman is halfway to VIP status based on repoldman is halfway to VIP status based on repoldman is halfway to VIP status based on repoldman is halfway to VIP status based on repoldman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by phattooth View Post

Awesome, Thanks....I'm going to try it now. One question, where do I find the SDConfig.txt file? I looked in the SD card, and didn't see one there. Since I haven't done this before, I might not have one.
Bob
Old 02-20-2009, 01:40 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
Awesome, Thanks....I'm going to try it now. One question, where do I find the SDConfig.txt file? I looked in the SD card, and didn't see one there. Since I haven't done this before, I might not have one.
Bob
Hey bob!

You need to create the SDConfig.txt yourself. You can look at a sample one here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=366337

If you need any other help with it let me know..I got mine working perfect!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-20-2009, 01:41 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
Bob
That's correct, Bob.
You have to place one there first.

I know you have the link to the UC instructions over at XDA, and there is also on it i think the 1st or 2nd post in this thread... if you wanna use that as an example.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro