PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2009, 11:29 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

antsin3d is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Red face Sprint Touch Pro suddenly loses signal constantly

I got one of the first batch of these released, and it's been a great phone so far (although I must say I might prefer the diamond since I don't end up using the keyboard). Anyway, I noticed that I've been accumulating roaming minutes lately, so I set roaming to Sprint only and to warn me. The result of this has been that I have tons of "dead" areas in the middle of Orlando Florida, like my office where I have always had full strong signal. Has anyone had any experience with this? I haven't done a whole lot of customization on the phone, just the volume and a couple things. Thanks!
Old 01-13-2009, 11:35 AM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT
Re: Sprint Touch Pro suddenly loses signal constantly

if Roaming is included in your plan (no more than 50% of your anytime minutes) set your phone to Roam only. There is a cab around that gives you that option. So you can set your TP to Roam only while in spotty area.
Old 01-13-2009, 12:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

antsin3d is a n00b

I got the data roaming to work fine, but the phone won't seem to connect properly even when roaming on verizon's network (it connects but is a bad connection). Could this be a software issue?
Old 01-13-2009, 01:58 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

u must install the roam only cab; so u can force tp to roam only.look under my threads and u ll find it
Old 01-13-2009, 02:04 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

no matter if a cab will set roaming, the point is, you should be getting better coverage, def. no dead spots in Orlando on the Sprint network. You shouldnt have to roam. Try a PRL update, or swap it out.

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
Old 01-13-2009, 02:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC6700, Treo 700wx, Touch Pro

CountryDevil is keeping up the good workCountryDevil is keeping up the good workCountryDevil is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxtech3 View Post
no matter if a cab will set roaming, the point is, you should be getting better coverage, def. no dead spots in Orlando on the Sprint network. You shouldnt have to roam. Try a PRL update, or swap it out.
Yep a PRL update ought to do it. If not, then trade it out.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro