PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2009, 02:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

PlanoTreoUser is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Phone # format issue?

I don't know if anyone else has noticed or experienced this issue with phone numbers but here's my situation.

When I call a number (irregardless of whether it's in my contacts or not) it shows up as (XXX)XXX-XXXX [note there is no space after the area code] on the screen and in my call history.

When someone calls me (again irregardless of whether it's in my contacts or not) it shows up as (XXX) XXX-XXXX [note there is a space after the area code] on the screen and in my call history.

I use the program MRinger for custom ringtones and because of this, it doesn't always recognize the caller.

Any thoughts or help with this would be really appreciated.

Last edited by PlanoTreoUser; 01-06-2009 at 02:05 PM.
Old 01-06-2009, 02:07 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT
Re: Phone # format issue?

This happened to me once. I Reloaded my contacts and all was well since. This may be due to backups!
Old 01-06-2009, 02:32 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

PlanoTreoUser is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbenz2008 View Post
This happened to me once. I Reloaded my contacts and all was well since. This may be due to backups!
How did you reload your contacts? I sync mine with Outlook. In Outlook I have to space after the area code.
Old 01-06-2009, 03:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700,6800,6900,Touch Pro ,
Carrier: sprint

tc32brat is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to tc32brat

maybe a hard reset would do the trick, then reload contacts. Just my guess
Old 01-06-2009, 03:52 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

There are many ways, if you have a pim.vol saved, u can overwrite the current 1,or use resco back up,spb,sprite,pimbackp..
Old 01-06-2009, 03:53 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i just set the ringtone i want to use for a contact under the ringtone option through the devices contacts list

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
Old 01-06-2009, 05:20 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

PlanoTreoUser is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxtech3 View Post
i just set the ringtone i want to use for a contact under the ringtone option through the devices contacts list
I use MRinger because you can add ringtones to categories like "known callers" and "unknown callers" which is actually how I found this format issue. Someone in my contacts called and it didn't recognize the number because of the spacing and used the "unknown caller" song.

Not big enough deal to hard reset if that's the only option.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro