PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2009, 10:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

sovrce is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Home, Back, Call & End Buttons Freezing?

I'm hoping I can write this off entirely as an Opera Mobile bug/glitch, because *IF* I remember correctly this only happens with Opera Mobile open. But here's the issue:

Last night I was going between Opera Mobile, texting and finally, a 2.5 hour call. Needless to say, running on ~30% battery, it died. So I plugged it in and let it charge. Over the course of the next 1-2 hours I moved the phone and the charger all over the house. I went to bed but I wanted to check a couple forums first so I fired up Opera Mobile and started browsing. Well about 15 minutes later I wanted to check something from an earlier text so I pressed the 'Home' key and... nothing. All good, I thought, because this has happened a few different times where all I had to do was press 'Home' again and it went back to the main TF3D screen. So I pressed 'Home' again. Nothing. Again, nothing. So I tried the 'End' key, still nothing. It was at this point I took the phone off the charger and noticed that the white ring was still lit up and pulsing - like it does when it's charging. It wasn't completely frozen, the touch screen was still working. So I brought up the start menu and hit 'Today'. I then slid the keyboard out and it changed orientation fine. I hit 'Messages' and it lagged up so bad that when I clicked one of the conversations the loading icon appeared but was just still. I let it take it's time and eventually made it back to the 'Home' tab of TF3D. The last thing I did was to check how much memory (RAM) was being used and what was running. Oddly enough, I had 103 but not a single program was running. The thing is, I never closed Opera Mobile and when I went over to the 'Internet' tab and tried to launch Opera Mobile from there, it showed the green "selected" background but did NOTHING.

Any ideas on this? Like I said, this has ONLY happened when using Opera Mobile (if I remember correctly). Something else I should add... Yesterday I changed a couple settings in 'Advanced Config', light sensor, End key delay and G-Sensor polling rates. Do you think that having too high or low a light sensor threshold could mess with things laying in the dark? I'm going nuts with worry this morning and I want to make sure that it's not a phone/hardware issue.

Anyone have any stab in the dark as to what this could be?? I installed those ATI drivers and didn't like them and problems they caused so I went back to the backup key I had saved. Does this help or have anything to do with my situation?

(P.S. - Posted entirely from my Touch Pro )

Last edited by sovrce; 01-04-2009 at 11:36 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro