PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2008, 04:49 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

Sushisource is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wake on SMS

So, I know there was discussion of this earlier, but I'm wondering if anyone has a legitimate solution that'll stop my phone (VZW Touch Pro w/ Scott's first VZ Nav Rom) from waking up every time I get a text, which is a lot.

I'm sick of pulling the damn thing out of my pocket and entering the alarm clock screen every time I get a text.
Old 12-22-2008, 08:14 AM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g
Carrier: Sprint

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP
Re: Wake on SMS

I don't use that ROM, but usually with WM you go to settings, sounds and notifications and uncheck the box to wake on a new sms.

Old 12-22-2008, 12:33 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Moved to the general Touch Pro Forum.

late,
Satan Coz
Old 12-22-2008, 12:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: P100EWW

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff

Sorry guy, but this is hard-coded into Windows Mobile. There is no way to turn this off, and it has been discussed on nearly every forum for every WM device ever made. I haven't seen any progress on the matter. This phone will also wake up if a data connection is made active by, say your email client.

If something in the background is using data, like JiveTalk, then it won't wake up, but WM hard-coded stuff seems to wake it up.

Your best bet is to get a screen-lock utility. S2U2 works well, after you customize it to your needs, otherwise you might just enable the hold-end-to-lock feature. It's under "Long Press End Key," in the settings menu.
Old 12-22-2008, 06:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: G1
Carrier: T-Mobile

nmyron is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to nmyron Send a message via Yahoo to nmyron

Now, I wanted to make a quick comment on this... I've worked with Sprint for quite some time, and have noticed that the Diamond, by default, does NOT wake on SMS... However the Touch Pro, from VZW, does wake on SMS. So, while the device may be hardcoded to wake on sms, if this can be stopped on the Diamond from Sprint, why can't this be stopped on the Touch Pro? (For verification, please Google "Wake on SMS Diamond" And you will find a hit called "Wake Up Diamond!" that clearly discribes how to MAKE Diamond wake on SMS. I attempted to reverse this regedit, and couldn't make my TouchPro SLEEP through a new SMS)
Old 12-22-2008, 06:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: P100EWW

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff

Interesting, I have not heard of the Diamond not waking up on SMS. I haven't seen a WM device ever... including smartphones--do this.
Old 12-22-2008, 09:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: G1

nmyron is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to nmyron Send a message via Yahoo to nmyron
Unhappy Re: Wake on SMS

Here's another example from another page, unrelated to my first discription....

Quote...

If you are an owner of the sexy HTC Diamond, there is one thing that will annoy you the most especially if you are coming from some other Windows Mobile device: the device won’t wake up when an SMS comes in.
Just make the following changes in the registry of the HTC Diamond. You can use any of the registry editor.
Go to:
  • HKLM\Drivers\BuiltIn\RIL
  • Find the DisableSMSWakeUpEvent
  • Change value to 0
  • Soft Reset
Now, as I said on my last post, I tried the opposite of this... I went to the above listed place, and there was initially no Value named DisableSMSWakeUpEvent, so I created the value, and made the value of this new entry "1", and this did not correct the Wake on SMS. The reason this was done, I believe, was for battery life issues. But for some reason, what this does to the Diamond, does not replicate on my Touch Pro, and my device always wakes when an SMS comes in...

I currently have a Sprint Diamond in my hand. This device, when I send an SMS to it, and the screen is off, stays off, and I recieve the white ring of light around the action button.

**EXCEPTION*** I have two different Sprint Diamond demo handsets in my hand... One wakes on New SMS, one does not... One came stock with the Registry Entry listed above... One did not... On the one that did NOT, if I add the entry using Resco Registry, it DOES NOT enable the feature... Fluke of software? If you have Diamond TF3D Config, in the Tweaks tab, you see a check box for the VERY FEATURE THAT WE ARE DISCUSSING here, and by toggling this on the Diamond with the reg entry, made that device function as the one without the reg entry stock. By toggling on the check, applying, then off the check, and apply, soft reset, on the device that DID NOT have the reg entry, this did not impact the device, whatever. It still wakes on SMS. The device that has the reg entry stock, when the check is toggled off, functions as it did when I got the device in hand (Meaning that it does not wake on incoming sms)Manually adding the entry, nor checking the box, made no difference... This is an absolute anomaly
Old 12-22-2008, 10:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (off that) ---> (on to) Touch Pro 2
Carrier: The Now Network

RockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to RockSta®

Doesnt Diamond tweak do it? Or Advanced Config? My phone does not wake on new SMS anymore, but i cant remember what i used.
Old 12-22-2008, 10:38 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSta® View Post
Doesnt Diamond tweak do it? Or Advanced Config? My phone does not wake on new SMS anymore, but i cant remember what i used.
I don't use advance config, but I use diamond tweaks and they don't have that option.
Old 12-22-2008, 10:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Sushisource is a n00b

Yeah, neither Advanced config nor Diamond tweak fix the issue. The registry fix doesn't work for me either. It's pissing me off a ton, I can't believe they don't have a config option for something this incredibly simple.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro