PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2008, 05:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro / HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

iNTaYkE is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariNTaYkE is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariNTaYkE is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariNTaYkE is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Better SMS Backup?

Okay, I've been flashing between different ROM's lately, and both PIM Backup and PowerSMS Backups haven't been properly restoring my texts the way I want them to. Well, at least not in the Threaded format. I just used PowerSMS to restore my texts, and it's retarded because it has the older texts as the newest in thread, and if you click on older, the texts are.... newer. haha. Any suggestions? Oh, and from both PIM Backup and PowerSMS, the threaded texts are completely separated. Like it'll show all of the messages I sent, then all of the messages they sent. Or could there be like, another threaded SMS program out there that will display my texts correctly based on the timestamps?
Old 12-30-2008, 08:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell

cruiser78 is becoming a great contributor
Re: Better SMS Backup?

I use PIM Backup to save my texts between flashes and noticed that I had the same problem. I've noticed the same thing that for some reason, the first time you restore the texts, they do like you say with grouping all the texts you've sent and the other person has sent together. I've figured out that if you restore 3 times it seems to work the 3rd time... every time. Restore once, then open PIM Backup again and restore your texts again and when it asks what method to use for inserting, choose the option to delete all messages first, then repeat again. Open up the messages program and go to your texts and you will most likely see that there is none showing up but at the bottom it says the number of texts in your inbox. Let it sit for a bit and it should start populating the screen with all of your restored texts in the right order. You'll see the texts moving around in their order as newer ones are added to the thread. Once everything stops moving, your good to go. I normally check the messages program between restores just in case it worked the first or second try. The odd time it works the first time around, sometimes the second, and I haven't ever had to do it more than 3 times as long as I didn't try to open the text inbox from the TF3D tab. If you do that, you'll be back at square one with the texts grouped together like on the first restore. (In my experience anyways.)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-31-2008, 05:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

iNTaYkE is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariNTaYkE is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariNTaYkE is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariNTaYkE is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

lol, my texts are so retarded right now because i've backed up the ones that werent ordered properly. so now i have some threads with correct order mixed with weird orders and crap. idk, make sense? haha.
anyways. anyone know of another way to get texts to restore properly? hopefully on the first try? lmao
Old 12-31-2008, 05:19 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO + Palm PRE + Diamond

gearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuff

dashwire.com

[
Old 12-31-2008, 05:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

do you know if it restores threaded texts PROPERLY? lol
holy crap.
this dashwire thing is so much cooler than i expected, lmao

Last edited by iNTaYkE; 12-31-2008 at 05:53 AM.
Old 12-31-2008, 09:57 AM
VIP Status!!
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Lilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to Lilhgarcia

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNTaYkE View Post
lol, my texts are so retarded right now because i've backed up the ones that werent ordered properly. so now i have some threads with correct order mixed with weird orders and crap. idk, make sense? haha.
anyways. anyone know of another way to get texts to restore properly? hopefully on the first try? lmao
Same here i use PowerSMS because i have over 5k of messages and it always rearranges my texts

PIMbackup takes a while with a lot of contacts, messages, & other stuff

Resco Backup (on my mogul havent tried it on the touch pro) is great but when u restore your messages it wont even let you go to your messages after don't know why

spb backup Backs up almost everything so does sprite but you need to pay...Hint dont use sprite on trial version wont let you restore

You can also try smsCreative but its a betta

And yahoo is having a SMS backup online

http://in.content.mobile.yahoo.com/smsbackup.html

so does dashwire

http://dashwire.com/

Last edited by Lilhgarcia; 12-31-2008 at 10:00 AM.
Old 08-24-2013, 01:41 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: ipad

boinkenn is a n00b

This software can either backup and restore SMS and can backup and restore Contacts, very handy. I've been using and strongly recommend you to use.
You can search " obbosoft " in google......

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro