PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2008, 12:10 AM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
sprite terminator and aim

i'm having a problem with aim.. i can message my phone from aim and query it, and it returns the call history and whatnot, but i can't get the gps... anyone know why this won't work? the gps works on yahoo just fine...

Last edited by ou2mame; 12-30-2008 at 12:16 AM.
Old 12-30-2008, 12:49 AM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT
Re: sprite terminator and aim

if you are receiving from "Trusted device only" uncheck it and see what you get,
Old 12-30-2008, 12:57 AM
i don't miss blackberry
Threadstarter

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

i have that unchecked.. it works fine when i query it, and the gps message comes through fine on yahoo, but i can't get it to send me the gps location through aim. its really weird.
Old 12-30-2008, 01:04 AM
DaFlowMaster

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Can you elaborate a bit, or may be here is what I understand. You query/send text to your TP via yahoo mail and you get back coordinates but not via Aim, correct? How bout sending txt from a ppc/phone, do you get coordinates back?
Old 12-30-2008, 01:07 AM
i don't miss blackberry
Threadstarter

i can query the phone through aim (call history, esn), but cannot get gps location. so i know i can communicate through aim to the phone, but for some reason, it just won't send me the location.

through yahoo, i can do both. it works fine through yahoo, but not aim.

i haven't tried texting from a phone, but it does work fine with yahoo.
Old 12-30-2008, 01:11 AM
DaFlowMaster

What version do you have? I ll look into it 2morrow..good luck

Tomorrow is today.
Old 12-30-2008, 01:12 AM
i don't miss blackberry
Threadstarter

its 1.2.0, build 186... its a very odd problem. you'd think that if i can communicate through aim, i'd be able to communicate with it through aim lol..
Old 12-30-2008, 01:21 AM
DaFlowMaster

One would think...try and hit it with Aim after a fresh soft reset and see what you get...you know sometimes that Gps goes to sleep....eventhough I didnt notice that with the Pro like I did with the Mogul....we ll get it square...
Old 12-30-2008, 01:25 AM
i don't miss blackberry
Threadstarter

i've tried that.. i uninstalled it, reinstalled it... the thing is, i msg the thing with the gps command from yahoo and i get it right away. i do it again, and i get it right away again. then i try aim 2 seconds later, and i get nothing.. i try yahoo again and i get it.. but the query command works fine through aim, so i know that terminator is working even through aim.
Old 12-30-2008, 01:28 AM
DaFlowMaster

I will try mine later and check back ...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro