PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2008, 05:29 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: tp2!
Carrier: the one

orlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Japanese in Opera Mobile and in E-mails?

i can get japanese to work in internet explorer by putting the msgothic font in the windows>font folder... but it doesn't do anything for opera mobile (tested with yahoo.co.jp on both).

anybody know how to get japanese fonts working on opera and also within emails? i was able to read emails in japanese on my mogul from what i remember, but it was probably from software that no longer works on the pro. any info would be great, thanks!
Old 12-27-2008, 06:24 AM
Jbawireless.com
Pocket PC: Htc EVO/touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

Merdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Merdinh
Re: Japanese in Opera Mobile and in E-mails?

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlandojumpoff View Post
i can get japanese to work in internet explorer by putting the msgothic font in the windows>font folder... but it doesn't do anything for opera mobile (tested with yahoo.co.jp on both).

anybody know how to get japanese fonts working on opera and also within emails? i was able to read emails in japanese on my mogul from what i remember, but it was probably from software that no longer works on the pro. any info would be great, thanks!
Make sure you have netframework installed on your phone,and then add the language pack, but im not sure if it will show up in opera.
Old 12-27-2008, 08:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Maui6700dude is just getting started

Hi! I just got my tp today and finally got the Japanese to work on it. You're gonna need a cab called LetsJapanNo6.cab. I'm gonna attach it here. You're gonna need a reg edit after install to get back some functionality. Mainly the send key ceases to call up the phone app. If you need to input Japanese text let me know cause I have those files too. BTW all the thanks go to Asukal and Bagoj! Those 2 guys rock! They roam the forums of XDA Dev. Well, Let me knkow how it goeas and if you have any problems. I just got mine installed myself so I might've miss some bugs.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Layouts\e0010411]

“Keyboard Layout”=”00000409″
Attached Files
File Type: cab LetsJapanNo6.cab (4.15 MB, 39 views) Click for barcode!
Old 12-27-2008, 04:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

orlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stuff

sweet, thanks maui! i will definitely try it and YES i would love japanese input cause the software i used to use no longer works with vga devices. let me know if you find any other bugs too... all this is greatly appreciated, thanks again
Old 12-27-2008, 04:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

maui, i found this http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=445550
ever come across this at xda? i'm assuming it's not what you use to input because it says to get rid of letsjapan. i'm wondering which way i should go.

edit: i found a workaround that doesn't have any drawbacks... mobem's ce-star now works on the touch pro. you can read japanese on opera mobile/ie... you can also read and write emails in japanese... all for free...
they only make you pay if you want to do advanced hand writing recognition or chinese input. that software is kinda wonky anyway. after the 15 day trial expires, you start getting this annoying dialog after soft resets (asks if you want to register or uninstall software to gain more features). you can get rid of this by deleting the dynanls.ink from the windows/startup folder...

http://www.mobem.com/products/cestarwm5.php

(chinese is pictured above but you get the point)

i'm still kinda interested to see what your software looks like tho.. to see which of the three work best

Last edited by orlandojumpoff; 12-27-2008 at 07:49 PM.
Old 12-27-2008, 08:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

wow! you were really searching huh? I've been using asukals stuff for my mogul and apache before that and its served me well up till this point but I may try that file from XDA. I'll probably do it tonight as I need my phone today. I'll let you know how it goes. Hope I don't need another hard reset though. hehe. I've never actually tried winstar but always hear that people like it. I guess I'm also used to the regular IME cause thats how it is my PC too. I used to live inTokyo and my wife is japanese and still have feinds and customers that need the use of japanese for emailing on the go.
Old 12-27-2008, 08:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Ooops forgot the other file. This is the VGA IME installer. I tried the QVGA version but that didn't work with the keyboard size (virtual). Have you eve used the japanese IME on your PC? If so then it shouldn't be so hard to figure out. But if you try it and need some help let me know.
Attached Files
File Type: cab IME_31J_F.cab (3.46 MB, 20 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-27-2008, 09:12 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

yeah i use the pc ime all the time, so i might have to check it out...
with the ce-star one you switch keyboards whenever you want to input japanese... kinda works like the pc ime in that when you type, it automatically changes hiragana to kanji and also gives suggestions. so far i'm happy with ce-star, but now i know i have other options!

i think i remember stumbling on asukals work when i first got my pro... they were still trying to figure everything out then and some people had to hard reset after installing, so i'm kinda scared to mess with it...

the xda link i posted is still being updated it looks like. flinx1 is working hard to perfect it i guess..

thanks again
Old 01-02-2009, 06:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maui6700dude View Post
Ooops forgot the other file. This is the VGA IME installer. I tried the QVGA version but that didn't work with the keyboard size (virtual). Have you eve used the japanese IME on your PC? If so then it shouldn't be so hard to figure out. But if you try it and need some help let me know.
Hey just wanted to update you in case you were interested, especially since you helped me with info yourself...
If you are having any problems whatsoever with your input app... definitely try the one here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=445550
I know with just letsjapan, the \ symbol would show up as the yen symbol and also the system font would be changed to a simple skinny looking font... also some numbers wouldn't show up right in file explorer (maybe some other programs too). The errors are liveable, but it's kind of annoying.
With the files from flinx1, I can read and input on everything... I think it was based off the files you're using, but more up to date... i say this cause, the releaser was on the original threads trying to get letsjapan and the input stuff working in the first place. It's all in one .cab, so it's nice and clean. I didn't have to do the registry edit for the 409 layout either. k, thanks again.

edit: ce-star worked great too, but my aol mobile forwarding didn't sit right with it (whenever id respond to people who sent me IMs to my phone, it would show up as random letters on their side)... other than that it worked great, u just have to delete the nls file in the startup folder to get rid of the annoying dialog on bootup. Ultimately i went with the xda file from flinx1

Last edited by orlandojumpoff; 01-02-2009 at 07:44 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro