PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2008, 12:00 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: 3

wynton87 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Active sync remains on "synchronizing" forever..

Im having a problem with activesync. This is the first time iv used activesync, and it hasnt been successful yet. When i plug it in it connects and i can explore the TP's files but it stays on synchronizing indefinitely with the green arrows just turning and turning. There is no progress in the progress bar on my TP either. Im using Zonealarm and iv allowed Activesync, so i dont think its a firewall problem. Can anyone help please? Thanks.
Old 12-27-2008, 07:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: AT&T Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

emesbe is a n00b
Re: Active sync remains on "synchronizing" forever..

Let's start with a few questions.

Are you using Exchange?
If so, what are you pushing through it (i.e., email, calendar, etc.)?

Have you set up sync pairings in Activesync -- should have happened the first time you attached your TP?

Let me know this and I'll try to help further.

Original Qualcom Palm phone
Kyocera crap phone
Treo 600, 650, 700w, 700wx
Moto Q
Fuze
Old 12-27-2008, 09:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

aceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Sometimes it's like Activesync just doesn't know when to stop or get started. Try disconnecting and rebooting both phone and computer and try again. See if that helps. This works for me but you might have a different problem.

Old 12-27-2008, 11:26 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

If you have it setup to sync ALL calendar/email/tasks and you have a very large number of items, it can seem as if it's hung like that.

I had a coworker at my last job with 50,000 items in their inbox and an average of 20 appointments per day. Was trying to sync and didn't understand why their phone kept crashing on them. They scaled back their settings and cleaned out the Inbox and all was well.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro