PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2008, 07:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

a_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Device ID

Could somebody please tell me the easiest way to find the device ID on a Sprint Touch Pro? I tried the system/about route and it just says Pocket_PC, which I know is not correct...I did a windows update, checked the log, and it said "0x80BADD35", but that doesn't seem to be right either, as the program I need it for does not recognize it as proper format...I am under the impression it should be 10 numbers, but could be wrong...

In any case, any direction would be really appreciated...I searched but did not find it...

Thanks
Old 12-25-2008, 07:30 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Device ID

start> settings> system > device info.
Old 12-25-2008, 08:06 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blazinazn

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_c_s View Post
Could somebody please tell me the easiest way to find the device ID on a Sprint Touch Pro? I tried the system/about route and it just says Pocket_PC, which I know is not correct...I did a windows update, checked the log, and it said "0x80BADD35", but that doesn't seem to be right either, as the program I need it for does not recognize it as proper format...I am under the impression it should be 10 numbers, but could be wrong...

In any case, any direction would be really appreciated...I searched but did not find it...

Thanks
You can change your device ID by going to:

Starts > Settings > System tab > About > Device ID Tab.
Old 12-25-2008, 08:16 PM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazinazn View Post
You can change your device ID by going to:

Starts > Settings > System tab > About > Device ID Tab.
is that the same thing i posted? just wondering.
Old 12-25-2008, 08:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

a_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good work

Still a little confused...I know how to change the ID in the Start/Settings/About tab, but that is not the same ID as what the phone showed when I ran a windows update and checked the log afterwards...
Old 12-25-2008, 08:25 PM
caddieguy02

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
is that the same thing i posted? just wondering.
nope...under the setting/system tab there are options for about and device info...im sorry DARREN but its under about and not device info...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-25-2008, 08:29 PM
caddieguy02

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_c_s View Post
Still a little confused...I know how to change the ID in the Start/Settings/About tab, but that is not the same ID as what the phone showed when I ran a windows update and checked the log afterwards...
are u talking about the long list of numbers...like 20-25 numbers? i believe this is ur distinct windows mobile ID assigned to ur phone...im not sure this is changeable...and wHy would u want to...its never seen

EDIT: u talking bout the list of numbers u get after running windows update....then when its done u click view details???

Last edited by caddieguy02; 12-25-2008 at 08:32 PM.
Old 12-25-2008, 08:38 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blazinazn

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddieguy02 View Post
nope...under the setting/system tab there are options for about and device info...im sorry DARREN but its under about and not device info...
As Caddieguy said, you can actually change it when you go into 'About.'

Going to Device Info only allows you to view it.
Old 12-25-2008, 08:38 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

Some apps like to have it....
Old 12-25-2008, 08:44 PM
acs tester

thanx caddie guy, i wanted to be sure there was a diff. i wasnt being a smart butt.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro