PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2008, 06:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

rihavens is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Bluetooth SMS alert

Okay, so I am using Voice Command to read me my SMS through bluetooth, but it is hard to hear because it plays my "New Message" sound through my bluetooth device. It is REALLY annoying and I would like to shut it off if possible.

Also, there is a call command button on my bluetooth device (plantronics 510) and I would like it to start Voice command on my phone.

Any ideas?
HTC Touch Diamond (Sprint)
HTC Touch (Sprint)
Samsung A900 (Sprint)
Motorola V710 (Verizon)
LG VX7000 (Verizon)
Samsung A670 (Verizon)
LG VX 6000
Kyocera KE413
Motorola T720
Kyocerya 2235
Kyocera 2335
Audiovox 9500
Kyocera 2135
Kyocera 2035
Motorola 2950 Bag phone
Old 12-26-2008, 03:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

rihavens is a n00b
Re: Bluetooth SMS alert

Bump!
Old 12-26-2008, 03:13 PM
The GrooGrux King
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to MadlyAlive

Start, Settings. Open Voice Command and uncheck Messaging.

Try pushing and holding the middle button that you use to answer and hangup. It should activate the audio gateway and give you the MSVC sound to start speaking.

Old 12-26-2008, 03:14 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

To shut off VC from reading your new mess on BT , go to setting/personal/Voice Command/messaging/notification/CHECK announce notifications through device speakes or wired hedset
Old 12-26-2008, 03:16 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

If I understand correctly, he wants VC to read the messages, but not have the new message sound as it makes hearing the messages hard.
Old 12-26-2008, 07:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

rihavens is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeza View Post
If I understand correctly, he wants VC to read the messages, but not have the new message sound as it makes hearing the messages hard.
Correct. I know how to get it to stop reading the messages, but the alert is played through the bluetooth. I changed it to a shorter one, but it is still distracting and ANNOYING AS HELL.
Old 12-26-2008, 08:01 PM
DaFlowMaster

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Why don't you kill the new message sound notification then and just have VC read you the subject!!!
Old 12-26-2008, 10:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

rihavens is a n00b

Maybe I am being to picky, but I want it to play some kind of audio sound when the SMS comes in, but not in my ear (with the full audiopara hack this can be LOUD and annoying.)
Old 12-26-2008, 11:12 PM
DaFlowMaster

You are not picky I was just trying to make sure we are on the same page, that is all. When I get a new email, I get "type" notification on the TP, then VC reads the subject. Do you have your sound notification set up to alert you ?under settings/notifications....just wondering

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro