PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2008, 11:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Anonymatt is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Opera Mobile showing black screens

I don't know if it is due to some setting I have changed or what, but when I view certain websites (so far I've only noticed it with one group of blogs at sbnation.com). While the pages are loading up I can see content on them, but once the loading is finished, a large portion of the screen turns black (like there is something that loads over top of the page).

I did the hack to change Opera so that it will display full web pages at http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...37&postcount=4
I set the User Agent: Spoof UserAgentID to 3
and User Prefs: Custom User-Agent to
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 6.0; en)

You can test it at www.blackshoediaries.com or www.blackheartgoldpants.com

Does anyone else see the page turn black?

Does anyone know how to prevent this from happening? (different settings or something)
Old 12-21-2008, 11:31 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT
Re: Opera Mobile showing black screens

I suggest you go back to default, if that cures your prob,then it is the reg hack
Old 12-22-2008, 01:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbenz2008 View Post
I suggest you go back to default, if that cures your prob,then it is the reg hack
I had already tried it under the default settings, but I still get the black overlay after it finishes loading (when I try to view the full site, and not the mobile site. The mobile site actually displays fine, but doesn't allow commenting, which is what I want to do).

I can actually view the full site in PIE, but it loads VERY slowly, and is basically unusable, and I'd much rather use Opera Mobile if I can get it to work, since it looks and works very nice while it is loading, it just keeps adding that #@$**@#$ black overlay onto every page (I can actually still usually see the VERY right hand side of a page and click on some links there, but then those pages load and the overlay comes back, rinse, repeat).

Did you try seeing if the site(s) loads fine for you in Opera Mobile without the black overlay, or did you just comment without actually testing? Is anyone here able to get it to load without that black overlay?
Old 12-22-2008, 01:29 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G-EVO 3D-Acer Iconia A500

gmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuff

i tried it and mine and it loaded fine.
idk if this will help but you have your custom user agent set to Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 6.0; en)
but on that link you posted he said to set it as Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT)
and i also did this to my phone but I have my spoof user agent ID set to 2

Old 12-22-2008, 01:32 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G-EVO 3D-Acer Iconia A500

gmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuff

It might be the website. I started to scroll around a little on the site and the whole screen turned black. I could scroll around still but it was all black.
Old 12-22-2008, 02:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmfeny View Post
It might be the website. I started to scroll around a little on the site and the whole screen turned black. I could scroll around still but it was all black.
yeah, that's about how it behaves for me. It seemed the first time I went to it everything seemed normal until I zoomed in, then it went black. I could scroll around (and still see things on the right hand side) but the rest would all be black.

And as for the difference in settings, yeah, I did notice that. The ones I got are from the link from that guy's posting. I don't know if anything different happens (and I don't think the 6.0 needs to be there after the Windows NT, but I'm not sure, and no idea what the "en" was for). I'm also completely clueless as to what ID # to spoof, since everywhere I've looked they just talk about the Spoof ID #, but not any specific setting to try (hence I just tried Desktop IE 6).

when I have time tomorrow I'll try playing around with different settings to see if anything helps, but I'm hoping someone who is more knowledgeable about these things can help out (like maybe it needs flash or java or SOMETHING updated, but I have no idea what).

As for the website itself, I think it usually loads some sort of "Web 2.0" type application (I am really clueless about this sort of stuff) for displaying info on the page. Like the normal main page will show varying #'s of posts depending on the settings, and once you go into an actual post, the comments section (at least when logged in) is sorta real-time, and you can push like "c" to tab through new posts, and "z" to mark posts read as you are tabbing through, etc. I don't need that extra functionality on my phone (though obviously it would be nice), but would at least like the ability to just read and post like normal (since it isn't possible to post on the mobile version at all).

Last edited by Anonymatt; 12-22-2008 at 02:17 AM.
Old 12-23-2008, 09:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Well I tried playing around with some settings, and under Settings->Advanced I unchecked "Enable JavaScript" and was able to get the page to load fine without adding the black layer, so at least I can read it now in full website mode. I still haven't figured out how to log in/comment, since I think this probably requires JavaScript, but I'm a little bit closer now.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro