PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2008, 01:12 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

RChris173 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
no audio when playing recorded videos

When I go to play back videos I recorded using the built in video recorder, there is no audio. If I play the video on a computer, the audio plays just fine. I'm not sure what would cause this, the system and ring volume are both max and I've done soft resets...

Any ideas? I feel like maybe there is a setting somewhere that I accidently changed to cause this??

Thanks,

Chris
Old 12-21-2008, 08:33 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

RChris173 is a n00b
Re: no audio when playing recorded videos

Anyone? Please? I really don't want to have to do a hard reset if I don't have to...
Old 12-21-2008, 08:38 PM
Jbawireless.com
Pocket PC: Htc EVO/touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

Merdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Merdinh

Quote:
Originally Posted by RChris173 View Post
When I go to play back videos I recorded using the built in video recorder, there is no audio. If I play the video on a computer, the audio plays just fine. I'm not sure what would cause this, the system and ring volume are both max and I've done soft resets...

Any ideas? I feel like maybe there is a setting somewhere that I accidently changed to cause this??

Thanks,

Chris
I also had this problem, and i found out that the video did actually have sound once i play it on my computer, but i did a reset and it was working fine, but try to install this and see if if works, its a audio fix. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...9&d=1225074936

Just download put it on your sd card, and then install it on your phone, do a reset, and should be good, if not then youll have to hard reset your phone.,
Old 12-21-2008, 08:42 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

RChris173 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merdinh View Post
I also had this problem, and i found out that the video did actually have sound once i play it on my computer, but i did a reset and it was working fine, but try to install this and see if if works, its a audio fix. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...9&d=1225074936

Just download put it on your sd card, and then install it on your phone, do a reset, and should be good, if not then youll have to hard reset your phone.,
I know the videos have audio, because I have played them back on my computer.

The file you linked to appears to be the audiopara fix file for increasing earpiece volume, isn't it?
Old 12-21-2008, 08:45 PM
Jbawireless.com

Merdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
I know the videos have audio, because I have played them back on my computer.

The file you linked to appears to be the audiopara fix file for increasing earpiece volume, isn't it?
Yup thats the file, audiopara3
Old 12-21-2008, 08:46 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

RChris173 is a n00b

How would that affect the playback of recorded video though? I'm afraid to use that file because my earpiece volume is just fine...
Old 12-21-2008, 08:50 PM
Jbawireless.com

Quote:
How would that affect the playback of recorded video though? I'm afraid to use that file because my earpiece volume is just fine...
This file has the volume codes inside it, what might have happend to you is that one of your volume codes has been deleted, and this will restore all files, and there should be no problems installing this file, i have it on both of my touch pros, it works great, and as long as your phone is cdma the volume will not increase by much.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Tregrad is a n00b

I have the opposite problem here, I can play the videos taken with my TP, on my computer. windows media player cant play them, what do i do.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro