PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2008, 01:58 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[TIP/REG. EDIT] Drag your soft keyboard anywhere you want for more viewing room!

I don't know how I missed this after a year of being a member here (if it was indeed posted already), but this simple registry edit allows you to move your soft keyboard all over the screen (don't forget to soft reset). Here is the posting i found at pocketnow.com:

"There is a variety of native Windows Mobile Professional SIPs (Soft Input Panel): Keyboard, Transcriber, Block Recognizer, Letter Recognizer and there are those implemented by manufacturers like HTC and others: Phone Keypad, Compact QWERTY, Full QWERTY, etc.

What do all these have in common besides being all SIPs? They’re all docked on the bottom of the screen, so that if there’s something you would like to read and it is currently covered by the presently brought up SIP, you have to scroll down. Not anymore! Edit your registry at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\SIP and change the value of Dragstyle from 0 to 1, followed by a soft reset. The result can be seen in the image below, regardless of your favorite SIP, you now have the option to drag it anywhere on the screen (and off) by tapping and holding on the black band right on top of it and dragging and dropping it to your liking."

http://pocketnow.com/index.php?a=por...t=news&id=6446

(Close/delete/move this thread if needed)

Last edited by lipidfats; 12-18-2008 at 02:42 AM.
This post has been thanked 9 times.
Old 12-18-2008, 02:00 AM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: [TIP] Drag your soft keyboard anywhere you want for more viewing room!

this is old news for me since this used to happen on no2chem's mogul roms... i never liked the idea of it though

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 12-18-2008, 02:16 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT
Threadstarter

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautica2450 View Post
this is old news for me since this used to happen on no2chem's mogul roms... i never liked the idea of it though
Interesting, well there have to be people like me that never got the news and find it useful... it's just now surfacing on sites like pocketnow.com and 1800pocketpc.com (although they do get news late), so i figured it might be worthy of a post.

I find it very useful though (unless there's something i don't know). At first I was worried i'd drag it off the screen, but it snaps back to place when you close and re-open. On some sites, it doesn't show where i'm typing and I have to constantly close the keyboard to see if i'm typing in the right info... so I'm definitely gonna keep this option.

Last edited by lipidfats; 12-18-2008 at 02:24 AM.
Old 12-18-2008, 02:31 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Hah what a nice little tweak! Thanks for posting
Old 12-18-2008, 04:58 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: [TIP/REG. EDIT] Drag your soft keyboard anywhere you want for more viewing room!

it was a posted today. its not good. it shortens the screen. either way, old news. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=49529

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 12-18-2008 at 05:15 AM.
Old 12-18-2008, 07:42 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: [TIP/REG. EDIT] Drag your soft keyboard anywhere you want for more viewing room!

I tried it a few weeks ago and couldn't stand the black bar across the top of the keyboard, so I put it back.

Old 12-18-2008, 08:18 AM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason25 View Post
I tried it a few weeks ago and couldn't stand the black bar across the top of the keyboard, so I put it back.
that and the bottom of the screen getting shorter.
Old 12-18-2008, 08:54 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason25 View Post
Same here, I don't recommend this at all. By the way, it doesn't give you "more viewing room". If anything, it's less.

~John
Old 12-18-2008, 08:55 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Are the black bars what you use to move the KB?
Old 12-18-2008, 09:01 AM
acs tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
Are the black bars what you use to move the KB?
yes, but dont even waste the soft reset. its junk.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro