PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2008, 03:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PRO& BACK UP DIAMOND!!!!
Carrier: SPRINT SPEEEED

lcbster is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to lcbster
Replacing with diamonds!!

Just got off the phone with sprint because i was having problems with my pro and it died and they were trying to get a replacement order in and the lady told me that she only can send me a brand new diamond with a car charger and i said what!!!She told me that the pros are back ordered and the diamond is the same but no keyboard and i told her that its not the same and she wanted to tell me its brand new with a car charger then i told her anyway i have a diamond to so why would i want another one?And i need you guys help what should i do and she said if i get the diamond i wont be able to get a pro when there in stock so im stuck

Old 12-17-2008, 03:05 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

aceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Replacing with diamonds!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcbster View Post
Just got off the phone with sprint because i was having problems with my pro and it died and they were trying to get a replacement order in and the lady told me that she only can send me a brand new diamond with a car charger and i said what!!!She told me that the pros are back ordered and the diamond is the same but no keyboard and i told her that its not the same and she wanted to tell me its brand new with a car charger then i told her anyway i have a diamond to so why would i want another one?And i need you guys help what should i do and she said if i get the diamond i wont be able to get a pro when there in stock so im stuck
Check your local Sprint stores and swap there if they have any in stock.

Old 12-17-2008, 03:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Every were is out of stock
Old 12-17-2008, 03:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blazinazn

Quote:
Tell them to give you a temp phone for the time being until they get the Pro's back in stock
Old 12-17-2008, 03:10 PM
VIP Member

aceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Then your only alternative is to get a Diamond if your current phone is not functional. You should fall under the 30 day return policy so you will be able to swap back but unless you get something in writing from Sprint, you will probably have to pay the difference. Since you already had a Touch Pro and they are swapping you to a Diamond because there are no Touch Pro's right now, they BETTER credit you back the difference right now. Then when you go back to a Touch Pro you already have the money for it.
Old 12-17-2008, 03:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

cforster is becoming a great contributor

You are probably just going to have to wait until they are caught up on orders. I had to wait 2.5 weeks for mine, but it came. I know it sucks but its not the end of the world.

A lot of it is who you talk to when you call sprint. Its like a lottery, you never know if the person will actually help you.

I wouldn't freak out though, you will get the replacement.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
Albert Einstein

If I or anyone else has helped you, please don't forget to click
N00b
Pocket PC: TP2

md_lieber is a n00b

I'd call a couple of your closest Sprint stores and, after explaining the situation, ask them to hold 1 of the next Pro's they get in stock. Most stores seem to be getting one or two shipments a week, but they are often selling out the same or next day.

If you can get a store to hold one and call you when they get their next shipment, you should be able to do an in-store swap. If the first person that answers the phone doesn't want to help, I'd just politely ask for a manager.

Good luck!
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazinazn View Post
Tell them to give you a temp phone for the time being until they get the Pro's back in stock
Im just using my diamond for now but i really want my pro
Old 12-17-2008, 03:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2/ Driod Incredible
Carrier: The red headed stepchild

lllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:

Believe it or not even the GIMP is out of stock. I live in Charlotte NC and there was 1 locally yesterday when I went to get a replacement and yes I went and got it.....

Accepted NOT Expected
Old 12-17-2008, 03:14 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Im just using my diamond for now but i really want my pro

Well then wtf? Learn patience, tell them to send you a Touch Pro when they come in and stop crying. Sorry..I am blunt but you make it sound like you have no other phones to use which obviously is not the case. Learn to be patient. Did you think a user was going tosuddenly sprout a Touch Pro tree and pluck one for you?
This post has been thanked 7 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro