PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2008, 10:03 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

mdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to mdphoenix Send a message via AIM to mdphoenix Send a message via MSN to mdphoenix Send a message via Yahoo to mdphoenix
Youtube - I can't find it - RESOLVED!

I've searched and searched. I can't find any posts specifically pertaining to YouTube on the Pro.

Will it work in Opera? What about HTC Youtube? I can't get that to work either. DOES YouTube work at all on the Pro yet?

UPDATE: Thanks to Quick99Si for the heads up and hard work researching this. As it turns out, HTC TouchFlo must be installed for the HTC YouTube app to work properly. I've gone through the files to figure out what exactly needs to be present for it to work, but quite honestly, the CAB is so small that it's insignificant in my book.

Thanks again Quick!

The CAB is attached.
Attached Files
File Type: cab HTC_TouchFlo.CAB (344.8 KB, 37 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by mdphoenix; 12-18-2008 at 02:09 PM.
Old 12-16-2008, 10:06 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G-EVO 3D-Acer Iconia A500
Carrier: Sprint

gmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuff
Re: Youtube - I can't find it

yes the built in youtube app works but youtube in opera doesnt work unless you have flashlite 3.1 and thats not all that great

Old 12-16-2008, 10:23 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

mdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to mdphoenix Send a message via AIM to mdphoenix Send a message via MSN to mdphoenix Send a message via Yahoo to mdphoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmfeny View Post
yes the built in youtube app works but youtube in opera doesnt work unless you have flashlite 3.1 and thats not all that great

Built-in. I didn't mention I cooked my own ROM. And I take complete blame for that.

Now that it's been said, any help? I checked the HTC YouTube app in the kitchen but when I run it, I get the error that it's either unsigned, or missing components.
Old 12-16-2008, 06:47 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

I navigated to the Windows folder and manually ran youtube.exe. Nothing happens. I get a sound like an error has popped up, but nothing. So, the shortcut on the programs menu gives me an error, and trying to run it directly produces nothing.

No one else has had this?
Old 12-16-2008, 06:49 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Moved to general Touch Pro Forum.

late,
Coz
Old 12-16-2008, 09:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Bump?
Old 12-16-2008, 11:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

I've tried three different cabs tonight and can't get it to work. I've tried reflashing without HTC Youtube and installing it via cab. I've tried installing it via the Kitchen's OEM then applying the fix. Sometimes it sorta works. By sorta, I mean there's horrible distortion and colored lines on the screen, but I can play a video 1/4 screen with all the colored lines around it.
Old 12-17-2008, 12:16 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

NickinAround is a n00b

Funny, I found the VGA cab, it works perfectly except for the fact that there is absolutely no sound, I've tried multiple methods, running it in the lower quality mode, never a peep of sound for the videos, but atleast it plays perfectly.

If it helps anyone, I have a Sprint Touch Pro flashed with the VZW rom and VZW's service, but I don't see how that could affect it. Either way, I hope you have better luck then I did.
Old 12-17-2008, 12:18 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdphoenix View Post
Built-in. I didn't mention I cooked my own ROM. And I take complete blame for that.

Now that it's been said, any help? I checked the HTC YouTube app in the kitchen but when I run it, I get the error that it's either unsigned, or missing components.
ivan1.ruiz has a few good ROMs for TP..youtube app cooked in already
Old 12-17-2008, 12:20 AM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

my 1.7 rom has it and it blasts sounds.... actually a tad too loud

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro