PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2008, 11:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

bgeezy723 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ever have your phone in your pocket and....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ou2mame View Post
i'm actually running the stock sprint rom... i didn't find a rom that i really liked for the pro....yet. but yeah, i dunno... this thing just hates me. it just turns on. no apps running, no unusual programs. once i installed s2u2, the crashing stopped. it was definitely related to that. i even had the problems with the slider not moving, and it only half unlocking even with the stylus out.
Did you have any problems with receiving calls? Every once in awhile, when my phone is locked using s2u2, it will wake up and display the caller ID screen, then flip back and forth between the caller ID and s2u2 like crazy. It won't stop until the caller goes to voicemail, then when I get to the home screen I have like 8-12 missed calls from the same person. SOOOO annoying!
Old 12-10-2008, 11:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

zotman is a n00b

With my old phone (mogul) the phone was ringing, hit what i thought was the side button to mute it but actually answered. In short, i was on lunch complaining about my boss when it was him calling me and listening in to every wonderful thing i had to say about him.

From then on i just used the basic lock program in WM
Old 12-10-2008, 11:29 PM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

its called use an external case and keep the phone OUT of your pockets...seriously though...had issues with S2U2 1.35...tried ThrottleLock (hated it! Mine wasn't responsive enough...turned into a pain in the butt)...I'm just using the hard button unlock now...haven't had a problem...YET
Old 12-10-2008, 11:56 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Before I was using S2U2, I pocket dialed an ex...

Well, it he wasn't really an ex, just a relationship that didn't work out. He called me back the next day and asked WTF was going on.

At least all he heard was a boring psychology lecture!
Old 12-11-2008, 12:14 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

i had a problem with the slider until i changed the direct draw setting in the s2u2 config like it said on baffles post... then everything worked smoothly from there on out.
Old 12-11-2008, 12:21 AM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS
Threadstarter

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

i had random lockups all the time, and nothing i did could stop it. i tried putting it in raw and that did fix the slider not sliding, but besides that the lockups prevailed. trust me, i've installed it and reinstalled it i don't know how many times. i really wanted it to work, but i always ended up having more problems than it was worth.
Old 12-11-2008, 12:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

dole is becoming a great contributor

Talk about coincidence... I got Tomtom loaded up for the very first time while I was at work. Used it to get home (with the John Cleese voicepack) and put it in my pocket. Went into the house, got the dogs on the leash, got outside, pulled my phone and Tomtom was one step away from calling the local police department. WTF!
Verizon: Motorola v325

"Make a u-turn, and then, continue"
Old 12-11-2008, 01:10 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

i dunno what to tell you... i haven't had lockups with it. i have mine set to lock only when my screen turns back on... that way it's not running all the time.
i'm in heaven with the tp cause my mogul used to lock up out of the box. over a month later and im still lockup free with the tp.
i don't see how that little program would cause lockups unless you have it installed on your storage card, but if it's the culprit then that does suck for you.
Old 12-11-2008, 01:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

dr g is keeping up the good workdr g is keeping up the good workdr g is keeping up the good work

When the phone rings while in the case, I swear that sometimes the act of getting it out sends the call automatically to voicemail, whereas if it were sitting on my desk, it would ring longer and be easier to pick up before voicemail.
Old 12-11-2008, 11:09 AM
GRB
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint since 98

GRB is becoming a great contributor

I use s2u2 with absolutely no issues. In fact, I love it. I got a cool wallpaper on it and it shows missed calls, texts, tasks, appoints. etc. It even shows a countdown clock as to when my next alarm will be going off (G-Alarm). I have no issues with incoming calls, either.

I'm on a stock rom, but have a few simple tweaks (volume boost, tf3d tabs)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro