PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2008, 12:23 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Outlook Web Access?

On my instinct, I could connect to an OWA email account and have it download my emails in real time as I received them. With wm, it keeps wanting to setup active sync, pop or imap. Is there a way to easily setup an owa email addr in wm as well?

Old 12-08-2008, 12:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: P100EWW
Carrier: Sprint

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff
Re: Outlook Web Access?

hey wtf? I read all over the place that you could NOT do OWA/exchange on an instinct.

Did they release some sort of software update? Are you talking about Sprint Email that gives you access to one account, and does real-time push?

Answer: On the Pro, you can use Sprint Mobile Email client to set it up similar to what (I think) you had on your Instinct. There are also several other FREE programs that do just that.

Your best bet is to USE the over-the-air exchange setup, instead of using the OWA stuff, because then your email, calendar, tasks, and everything will be synchronized.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-08-2008, 12:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

dole is becoming a great contributor

I made the mistake of pointing my pOutlook server settings to the actual exchange server address rather than just using the https://webmail.(your domain here).com address. It set up fine after that (using the https address) but some warning, your company's exchange policies will be pushed out to your phone if there's any set up.

My company enforces a simple PIN unlock screen, which I didn't want, and they're not paying me for my phone service, so I deleted the server out of ActiveSync, and it removed the Outlook mail, along with ALL of my personal contacts, and I had to change some reg settings or install another program to enable the checkbox to remove the simple PIN screen. Luckily I had backed up my contacts with Dashwire, but... be sure to do a backup with something and also be sure you're ready for your company's possibly draconian policies.
Verizon: Motorola v325

"Make a u-turn, and then, continue"
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-08-2008, 12:32 PM
i like turtles
Threadstarter

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Yeah man the Instinct did it great! It only did OWA though, no exchange stuff. Couldn't get my contacts or appointments.

As far as exchange goes, I've been using it for work and LOVE it, but our server just went down last week, and aparently it's on the bottom of the priority list since only a few people actually use OTA activesync (everyone's got a crackberry.)

I'll check out sprint mobile email. At this point I'd like to simply get my emails lol. Thanks.
Old 12-08-2008, 12:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Super Touch Pro

lmv7777 is keeping up the good worklmv7777 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to lmv7777

activesync is how you would activate the OWA email you need the exchange server settings but keep in mind that once it is synced to your cell phone. your company has the ability to at any time completely wipe your phone and SD card of all information by your IT department. there was a horror story where a persons evil boss pranked a guy by remote wiping everything off his phone. so always keep things like that in mind.

Diamond > Touch > Treo 700p > TOUCH PRO

If i helped. click "thanks"
Thanks!
Old 12-08-2008, 01:34 PM
VIP Member

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dole View Post
I made the mistake of pointing my pOutlook server settings to the actual exchange server address rather than just using the https://webmail.(your domain here).com address. It set up fine after that (using the https address) but some warning, your company's exchange policies will be pushed out to your phone if there's any set up.

My company enforces a simple PIN unlock screen, which I didn't want, and they're not paying me for my phone service, so I deleted the server out of ActiveSync, and it removed the Outlook mail, along with ALL of my personal contacts, and I had to change some reg settings or install another program to enable the checkbox to remove the simple PIN screen. Luckily I had backed up my contacts with Dashwire, but... be sure to do a backup with something and also be sure you're ready for your company's possibly draconian policies.
StayUnlock
Old 12-08-2008, 02:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

dole is becoming a great contributor

yeah, I wound up installing stayunlock but for some reason, couldn't find the control panel applet after soft reset... googled and found the actual reg entries, soft reset, and it finally enabled that checkbox. :/ feh!
Old 12-08-2008, 02:17 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
yeah, I wound up installing stayunlock but for some reason, couldn't find the control panel applet after soft reset... googled and found the actual reg entries, soft reset, and it finally enabled that checkbox. :/ feh!
Yes, but most Exchange servers push out the policy again. My work pushes it out daily, sometimes twice, actually. The point of StayUnlock is to watch for this, and prevent if from happening. Works GREAT!
Old 12-08-2008, 02:35 PM
i like turtles
Threadstarter

Quote:

Ok, explain this to me like a 5th grader (steps in order) because it still didnt work but i think i did it wrong.
Old 12-08-2008, 03:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I have had no luck getting w/ this. My guess is that it's a server-side issue.

I had the Instink for 48hrs and was able to get it setup via OWA. Can't get it to work on the TP. Just get a generic connection error. I don't have permission to modify anything on the server (in fact I don't have access to the server at all), so my assumption is that I'm not going to have any luck.

Anyone know how the Instink differs from the TP in terms of how it handles OWA?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro