PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2008, 04:06 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro baby!!
Carrier: Sprint (employee plan = 20 dollars) 3000 anytime minutes and unlimited everything else :-P

blue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to blue4shizzle Send a message via Yahoo to blue4shizzle
ie and GPS not working..

hey yall, i've searched around and done every trick in the book (except hard resetting) to try and get these to work but i cant seem to figure it out. no matter what site i put in the address bar it wont load a page. i always get "the address is not valid. check the address and try again". and the gps jus refuses to find get a lock. these two programs were working just fine a while ago but i cant seem to figure out what caused them to stop suddenly. opera mini and mobile works fine, and so does skyfire, but ie refuses to do anything, and i cant get the gps to work on ANY application. does anyone else have similiar issues?

samsung 640A --> motorola Q --> sprint touch --> now doin it big with the touch pro... oh so sexy lol
Old 12-07-2008, 04:12 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT
Re: ie and GPS not working..

Nah blue fortunately I do not have that prob. I know you been around da block but do you have your system data backed up? am thinking if you tweaked anything or some other program hijacked your setting you may hard reset and do a restore.
Now, did you verify your gps setting? com4,baud 4800? did you by any chance change your browser default?that shouldn't interfer ...
Old 12-07-2008, 04:13 PM
tmz
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Pro2
Carrier: sprint

tmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Hey blue4shizzle: Believe it or not I had the exact same issue your having. I didn't post about it. I also tried everyting that's on the site, and no luck. But I did do a hard reset 4 hours later, and it did take care of it. The only difference between me and you, is prior to this happening I did dl alot of different things to try them out. It seemed like the next day I had this issue. Anyways, Hope that Helps.

Thanks T M Z
Old 12-07-2008, 04:17 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

Ah, may be you guys have been thinkering with the same thingy..Tmz ,ya been busy lately I can tell
Old 12-07-2008, 04:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Carrier: Sprint (employee plan = 20 dollars) 3000 anytime minutes and unlimited everything else :-P
Threadstarter

blue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuff

i mean, i obviously know a hard reset will fix the issue.. but i got about a good 2 months of tweaking in here that i dont really feel like goin back and putting in again.. i really think it might be an application that i installed or something.. hey tmz, what were the latest tweaks and apps you loaded on your tp?
Old 12-07-2008, 04:37 PM
tmz
VIP Member

tmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the community

Here is some, Barcode scanner, Kinoma play, Pocket shield, 2 or 3 jbeds, some games,

the edit so when you open the key board the phone wont wake, and some more, Ill have to look.
Old 12-07-2008, 04:39 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

did you do any of the icon hacks? like changing the start menu and the 1x icon an such?
Old 12-07-2008, 04:41 PM
tmz
VIP Member

No, and NetFront Browser v3.5
Old 12-07-2008, 04:45 PM
tmz
VIP Member

This one to.. vh pocketpc capture ,control your pocket pc from your pc.
Old 12-07-2008, 04:50 PM
tmz
VIP Member

This one to..GSFinder for Handheld PC/Pocket PC

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro