PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2008, 01:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

dss4me3 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
PRL Change for international service

Hello,

Iam new to this forum and I just upgraded from the ppc6700 to the HTC touch pro. I love the new phone. It is so much more sleeker and the new keyboard design is much better than the 6700.

Now my question is a little bit more about international service providers than programing the phones software. I have gotten as far as unlocking and find ing the true 6 digit unlock code. And I am able to change the MDN and MSID of the phone. But I always get a problem when I try to update teh Akey.

My local phone service, Viva, says that they would not be able to program the phone because it has an AKEY lock and it wont register with their service. They no longer can update phones through the airways so they cant update it manually. They recomended me to go to another service company that can update the phone via airways plus they have a 3g network so I can use the full features of the phone/PPC.

So now I went to the company, CLARO, formerly verizon in the Dominican Republic. And they say I need to update the PRL so it works on their towers. I have not been able to find anyone in my area that can do this. I would greatly apreciate anyone help so I can manually update the PRL so it works with the Claro service provider in the Dominican Republic.

Thanks.
Old 12-07-2008, 02:09 PM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Baffles
Re: PRL Change for international service

Get a copy of the PRL you need, go to ##PRL# and put it in. Maybe you can find the prl you need over on the corolada prl page, but prolly not. CLARO should be able to give you the PRL for their towers though, then you can load it yourself as I noted.

baf.cc | GPS Toggler | Touch Pro Essentials | Got MSL?
Donations are accepted and greatly appreciated.
Old 12-07-2008, 11:51 PM
Lurker

michaelcaceres is a n00b

Hi

I am in the DR, and just got a Sprint Diamond. VIVA was able to activate my phone but only under a prepaid "tarjeta" plan, because it does not require authentication on the network. Apparently the issue authenticating these models which have along serial number. I know some people that can put in the Claro PRL for you. You can go to Celular Jack, on Av Nunez de Caceres right after you cross Av 27, or go to Plaza Central thrid floor, a place called HP Com. I have a question, how did you get the 6 digit code of the phone, I had to pay for that. Hope to have been helpful.
Old 12-08-2008, 10:51 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch Pro
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

dss4me3 is a n00b

I have a program that you intall in the PPC and run it. It will produce the factory unlock code. If you want it just send me an email and I will reply to it with the attachment.

I would go to a store and have them do it, but I prefer to do it my self. I want to learn how to do it so that when I travel back to Florida I can change it myself and wont be left without service.
Old 07-22-2010, 01:26 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc
Carrier: verizon

tirsum25 is a n00b

hey I have a motorola droid here in DR but any company could not be able to unlock my phone so I would appreciate any help to find a PRL....
Old 07-22-2010, 01:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirsum25 View Post
hey I have a motorola droid here in DR but any company could not be able to unlock my phone so I would appreciate any help to find a PRL....
first, i doubt you will find help in this post since its 1.5 years old. second, your not going to find what you need since this is the HTC Touch Pro forum NOT the droid forum. click on the moto droid at the top of the screen to get to the droid forum.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro