PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2008, 04:43 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: TouchPRO
Carrier: SPRINT

Kushed is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Angry TP = Left handed

Were all the people involved in TP design left handed? Cause I swear I get the feeling it was designed for one, and I am not a lefty. It would have been nice if I could control the volume and slide the keyboard open with my thump. Just sayin.
Old 12-04-2008, 04:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

hempy is just getting started
Re: TP = Left handed

I'm left handed myself and it took quite a while to get used to the phone. I kept trying to slide it to the left like my Mogul.
Old 12-04-2008, 05:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

i700plus is just getting started

I'm left handed... and love the way it slides out.. I agree though that they should have made the slide standardized on the three phones.(6700,6800,TP) instead of switching it around.
Old 12-04-2008, 05:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC6700, Treo 700wx, Touch Pro

CountryDevil is keeping up the good workCountryDevil is keeping up the good workCountryDevil is keeping up the good work

I am left handed and I have to get use to all of those things designed for right handed people. Including mice, rulers, coffee mugs with writing on them.... yeah, that's right ...think about it, it's printed so that most of the time the print is facing outwards when in the rihgt hand.... us lefties have to conpensate for everything being left handed. You watch a left handed person do something and say, "you're doing it backwards".. and I have to say "no you are not looking at it backwards"....

The TP works perfect for me and I got used to it in about ...oh I don't know... 10 mins or so... and most of the functions are done with my RIGHT hand....

Just pokin fun at you for such a small rant... no harm intended....

Just remember - If the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only LEFT HANDED people are in their RIGHT minds....
Old 12-04-2008, 05:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC PRO

GunnDogg is a n00b

I'm left handed and have had problems with it...but not anymore seeing how I'm playing with it all the time.
Old 12-04-2008, 05:28 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

I'm right-handed, but I've always preferred to operate my phone with my left hand, so this hasn't been a problem for me. When you're a multi-tasker, you generally keep the phone in your left hand so your right hand is free for other tasks. I suspect this was their logic, and why they switched back to this after the Mogul.
Old 12-04-2008, 05:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Skipple is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryDevil View Post
I am left handed and I have to get use to all of those things designed for right handed people. Including mice, rulers, coffee mugs with writing on them.... yeah, that's right ...think about it, it's printed so that most of the time the print is facing outwards when in the rihgt hand.... us lefties have to conpensate for everything being left handed. You watch a left handed person do something and say, "you're doing it backwards".. and I have to say "no you are not looking at it backwards"....

The TP works perfect for me and I got used to it in about ...oh I don't know... 10 mins or so... and most of the functions are done with my RIGHT hand....

Just remember - If the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only LEFT HANDED people are in their RIGHT minds....
Don't forget the all important scissors and the worst of them all, the writing in English. You righties never get the joy of dragging your hand through wet ink or smearing pencil on the paper you write.

However, the volume buttons can easily be used by righties, though I would agree that the sliding mechanism favors lefties.
Old 12-04-2008, 05:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

cforster is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryDevil View Post

Deep.....very deep... j/k

I have had the phone for a few weeks now and I'm just now getting used to it. Sliding the other way would have been nice though...

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
Albert Einstein

If I or anyone else has helped you, please don't forget to click
Old 12-04-2008, 05:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Diamond

hempy is just getting started

I feel its actually a little bit more geared for right handers in that the controls are on the right of the screen in landscape mode.
Old 12-04-2008, 05:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

dr g is keeping up the good workdr g is keeping up the good workdr g is keeping up the good work

I'm left handed, and the phone doesn't seem any more made for me than my 6700 was. Wish the UI could flip to left-handed!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro