PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices



Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 12-02-2008, 12:55 PM
pyroz's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: htc touch
Carrier: sprint sero
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 163
Reputation: 25
pyroz is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Forced Roaming + Incoming Call Problem

I used the registry hack to force roaming since I hardly get reception here. Now, the problem is I can dial out no problem and get internet but I can't receive incoming calls, it goes straight to voicemail. Is there a fix for this?
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 12-02-2008, 12:59 PM
Success100's Avatar
VIP Member
Offline
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!
Location: Cleveland
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,135
Reputation: 1069
Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100
Re: Forced Roaming + Incoming Call Problem

this happens to me when i force 1x. if i dont soft reset right after doing it, my phone wil light up when a call comes in but will never ring, and will go straight 2 voicemail. try a soft reset?
__________________




ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 12-02-2008, 01:04 PM
pyroz's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: htc touch
Carrier: sprint sero
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 163
Reputation: 25
pyroz is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Forced Roaming + Incoming Call Problem

already tried that. still happens. this never happened before until now.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 12-02-2008, 01:04 PM
CountryDevil's Avatar
Regular 'Geeker
Offline
Pocket PC: PPC6700, Treo 700wx, Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Location: Thrid Rock from the sun.
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 282
Reputation: 240
CountryDevil is keeping up the good workCountryDevil is keeping up the good workCountryDevil is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Forced Roaming + Incoming Call Problem

No fix. It has to do with 1X data but not necessarly a roaming issue. Here is the deal, when in a 1x area only (No EVDO available) the phone uses the 1x network for both data and voice. If your phone has an active (not idol) data session going on and actively receiving data on your phone, it can not receive the voice call since the channel is already busy.

However with EVDO your phone uses 1x for voice and EVDO for data. So there are actually two channels opened up that you phone is currently using.

I had the same issue since I am pretty much in a roam only area where I live. The best thing I can suggest for you is not to use data on the phone while roaming.

Another thing that you can try is look at your phone settings and make sure the your DDTM setting is set to "off" This will allow all voice calls to take priority over data. Data will take priority if it is "on"
Reply With Quote
This post has been thanked 1 times.
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 12-02-2008, 01:12 PM
pyroz's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: htc touch
Carrier: sprint sero
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 163
Reputation: 25
pyroz is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Forced Roaming + Incoming Call Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryDevil View Post
No fix. It has to do with 1X data but not necessarly a roaming issue. Here is the deal, when in a 1x area only (No EVDO available) the phone uses the 1x network for both data and voice. If your phone has an active (not idol) data session going on and actively receiving data on your phone, it can not receive the voice call since the channel is already busy.

However with EVDO your phone uses 1x for voice and EVDO for data. So there are actually two channels opened up that you phone is currently using.

I had the same issue since I am pretty much in a roam only area where I live. The best thing I can suggest for you is not to use data on the phone while roaming.

Another thing that you can try is look at your phone settings and make sure the your DDTM setting is set to "off" This will allow all voice calls to take priority over data. Data will take priority if it is "on"
thanked you. you nailed it on the head. Thanks a lot.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 12-02-2008, 01:14 PM
Success100's Avatar
VIP Member
Offline
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!
Location: Cleveland
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,135
Reputation: 1069
Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100
Re: Forced Roaming + Incoming Call Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryDevil View Post
No fix. It has to do with 1X data but not necessarly a roaming issue. Here is the deal, when in a 1x area only (No EVDO available) the phone uses the 1x network for both data and voice. If your phone has an active (not idol) data session going on and actively receiving data on your phone, it can not receive the voice call since the channel is already busy.

However with EVDO your phone uses 1x for voice and EVDO for data. So there are actually two channels opened up that you phone is currently using.

I had the same issue since I am pretty much in a roam only area where I live. The best thing I can suggest for you is not to use data on the phone while roaming.

Another thing that you can try is look at your phone settings and make sure the your DDTM setting is set to "off" This will allow all voice calls to take priority over data. Data will take priority if it is "on"
thats general cell radio knowledge, i knew that already. when i switch my phone to 1x, no data transfer goes on on my device because 1x is slow as hell so id rather not use it. also, my long key end press is set to kill my data conection and i always make sure my connection is dead if im not using it for battery life purposes

with that being said, when i switching the operation mode for the phone radio from hybrid(1x+Ev) to 1x only, ive found that not resetting after switching modes causes the calls to go straight to vm. this may not be the same issue the op is pointing out, but that is a good point and may work for him, but thats not the root to my issue..
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 12-02-2008, 01:33 PM
CountryDevil's Avatar
Regular 'Geeker
Offline
Pocket PC: PPC6700, Treo 700wx, Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Location: Thrid Rock from the sun.
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 282
Reputation: 240
CountryDevil is keeping up the good workCountryDevil is keeping up the good workCountryDevil is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Forced Roaming + Incoming Call Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Success100 View Post
thats general cell radio knowledge, i knew that already. when i switch my phone to 1x, no data transfer goes on on my device because 1x is slow as hell so id rather not use it. also, my long key end press is set to kill my data conection and i always make sure my connection is dead if im not using it for battery life purposes

with that being said, when i switching the operation mode for the phone radio from hybrid(1x+Ev) to 1x only, ive found that not resetting after switching modes causes the calls to go straight to vm. this may not be the same issue the op is pointing out, but that is a good point and may work for him, but thats not the root to my issue..
Have you checked your DDTM setting under the phone settings? That setting is primarly for the 1x data. EVDO does noy apply to this setting. I ahve nto played much with the mod of operation settings, but I can play with them and let you know if I have the same issues.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 01-30-2009, 10:59 AM
bonneyt's Avatar
Lurker
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 15
Reputation: 5
bonneyt is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Forced Roaming + Incoming Call Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryDevil View Post
Have you checked your DDTM setting under the phone settings? That setting is primarly for the 1x data. EVDO does noy apply to this setting. I ahve nto played much with the mod of operation settings, but I can play with them and let you know if I have the same issues.
i have the same problem... calls go straight to vmail... i'm not using force roam though... DDTM says off, any thoughts??
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 01-30-2009, 11:54 AM
Yankees368's Avatar
Regular 'Geeker
Offline
Pocket PC: Touch PRO
Carrier: Sprint
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 255
Reputation: 85
Yankees368 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Forced Roaming + Incoming Call Problem

I have not had this issue while EVDO roaming on Alltel.
Reply With Quote
Reply

  PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com