PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2008, 11:12 AM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50
[FIXED] Pic Mail!

So... I can now send pics to any carrier. How you may ask? Well some of us know that the problem is the images are just too big to send, but who wants to sacrifice resolution for sending capabilities? Well i found an app that will resize images ! What i did is in \Storage card\DCIM I made 2 new folders other than the 100MEDIA named Make Small and Small. Basicly I put the pics i want to make small in the make small folder, then run the program and select to resize those images and put them in the small folder. it takes 3 seconds to resize then your done.... TADA!
Attached Files
File Type: cab PhotoResize.cab (348.8 KB, 60 views) Click for barcode!

This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 11-29-2008, 11:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

osva is keeping up the good workosva is keeping up the good workosva is keeping up the good work
Re: [FIXED] Pic Mail!

I dont know if its just me but every time I sent a Picture mail it resize my picture automatically.
Old 11-29-2008, 11:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, 6800

Talyn is keeping up the good workTalyn is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to Talyn

Good job hibby.

You are correct, there is a KB sending limit for most people.
However, because sprint doesn't send them MMS, they basically riped off SomeGuySMS and send it like he does, by connecting to pictures.sprint.com and sending the pictures though there, so when you get the picture in your email, it's got all the sprint garbage as well, which is very dissapointing. cause all their immages and such take up memory also.

Come on sprint! fix this crap, let me "JUST" send the image, not all your garbage.
haha.
Old 11-29-2008, 12:00 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: 6800

JeffdaBeat is a n00b

Rumor around Sprint/Nextel is that we are getting MMS next year...
Old 11-29-2008, 12:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, 6800

Talyn is keeping up the good workTalyn is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to Talyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffdaBeat View Post

ooops! i said SMS, my bad, you are right MMS.

My nextel always did MMS just fine. =(
Simple and easy format too. Stupid sprint. Just add photo to a text message! simple!
Old 11-29-2008, 12:56 PM
The Hibster
Threadstarter

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community

well this isnt too bad when this gets workin....
Old 11-29-2008, 01:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch, Touch Pro, Touch Pro 2

marcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffdaBeat View Post

THats funny.. Because I thought they already have it.. Remeber ARCSoft ? I could write a MMS/SMS server app for them for under 100K $.
It would send out about 2500 mms messages an hour. I already have 70 % of the code done for another solution I wrote last year.
Its so simple it scary. WHat I cant figure out is why the hell havent they implemented it.
70% or more of their phones already have true MMS or at least damn close to it.. The Piece of crap app that they have in the TP is definately a ripoff of someguy mms. Hell I coulda coded that. They dont even know enough about mms to figure out how to implement it into the TP. They cant even offer auto-resize of images on they POS they call "Picture Mail". Oh and be careful what kind of pictures you send, since they store them on their servers and who knows what else they do with them.

Last edited by marcus_cruz; 11-29-2008 at 01:50 PM.
Old 11-29-2008, 01:49 PM
The Hibster
Threadstarter

yea we know they have it. i wanna know now how to attach audio instead of recording
Old 11-29-2008, 02:25 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

......i've been able to send pics to other carriers since the beginning just fine...
Old 11-29-2008, 05:14 PM
The Hibster
Threadstarter

not if they are too big it is a fact

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro