PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2008, 01:02 AM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
phone keeps waking up

i have no thing running, and the thing keeps waking up. i've tried everything, and it won't stay off. it'll stay off for a half hour or so, and then light up, for no apparent reason, with nothing running in the background that i know of. anyone know where i'd even start to diagnose this? its been doing it for about a week now, and it never fails. i had it sitting on my desk, and it just turned on again, so i figured i'd ask. i've been researching it on and off for a while, but haven't found any help so far.
Old 11-29-2008, 01:15 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

s1l3ntm0use is a n00b
Re: phone keeps waking up

I get the same thing, but mine just sleeps again after a few minutes (or whatever I have the power settings set to). It is weird though... Does yours go back to sleep on its own or stay on until you put it to sleep?
Old 11-29-2008, 01:21 AM
i don't miss blackberry
Threadstarter

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

it'll go back to sleep, but the main problem is that if its in my pocket and wakes up, it starts doing all sorts of crazy ****, like calling my friend's mom at 4 in the monring when i'm drunk as ****, or calling my ex while i'm ****ing my gf... its turning into a real pain in the ***. i've disabled every automatic update in every stupid program i have, and i make sure i'm never running any apps in the background, and the damn thing just wakes up on its own. i don't know what the hell i did to it.
Old 11-29-2008, 01:31 AM
tmz
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Pro2
Carrier: sprint

tmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Do you have a good signal when it does this ? If so you maybe a hard reset .
Old 11-29-2008, 01:43 AM
i don't miss blackberry
Threadstarter

i've hard reset it twice, and i always have good signal. i've had sprint for like ten years, so i know the areas where i have no signal, and it doesn't wake up when passing through those areas. there's one road i never take when i'm on a call because i know its going to drop it, but it never wakes up in that area.

its at complete random. today it happened while driving into the city. i keep my phone on a magnet on the dashboard of my car, so when it wakes up, i normally have a message or call so its handy, but half the time it wakes up, and there's nothing running.

i installed a task manager, and put it on cpu processes... everytime it wakes up, i immediately look at that to see if anything is using the cpu, but it never shows anything besides like 85% idle processes, and gwes.exe sometimes, but not everytime it wakes up.
Old 11-29-2008, 01:50 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond Professional Edition

nolimitzr1 is a n00b

Ive noticed this in all Windows mobile devices my moto q moto q9c mogul vogue and diamond on my ppc versions ive noticed (being a truck driver) phone will come out of sleep mode when i cross state lines. think it has something to do with the towers and switching
Old 11-29-2008, 01:51 AM
tmz
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Pro2
Carrier: sprint

tmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Try this , uncheck today time out and check the box for disable error reporting. Let use know.

Hope that Helps.

Thanks T M Z
Old 11-29-2008, 02:00 AM
i don't miss blackberry
Threadstarter

i already had error reporting disabled, and today time out was set to 2 hr but is now disabled. i'll let you know if it wakes up lol
Old 11-29-2008, 02:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

dr g is keeping up the good workdr g is keeping up the good workdr g is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ou2mame View Post
it'll go back to sleep, but the main problem is that if its in my pocket and wakes up, it starts doing all sorts of crazy ****, like calling my friend's mom at 4 in the monring when i'm drunk as ****, or calling my ex while i'm ****ing my gf... its turning into a real pain in the ***. i've disabled every automatic update in every stupid program i have, and i make sure i'm never running any apps in the background, and the damn thing just wakes up on its own. i don't know what the hell i did to it.
I know we all love our phones, but to have it "in your pocket" while you are ***ing your gf ....
Old 11-29-2008, 02:18 AM
i don't miss blackberry
Threadstarter

lol... that happened last night. they were on her floor. i woke up, and i had a text from my ex, saying that i randomly called her at 3:30am. so today i made it my mission to fix this problem, because it really is affecting my life!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro