PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2008, 05:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint PCS

mtnmedic is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Weird new glitch?

I LOVE my TP. Quite possibly THE best phone I've ever had. It's not perfect but it addresses a lot of the things I've needed and wanted since the early days of PPC phones. The ideal marriage between the 6700 and the Touch. Never had a problem with it until today.

Last night I connected it via USB to my PC for sync and charging. Left it there overnight. This morning I went to pick it up and noticed that the charging light wasn't doing its usual thing (even staying lit when fully charged). When I picked it up, it was continually vibrating! I couldn't get it to wake up or stop vibrating, so I did a soft reset. Fine after that.

So I left it on the desk, unconnected to anything, and went out side for a while. I came back in to check my email and noticed the phone was sitting there, vibrating continuosly and again unable to stop or awaken unless I did a soft reset.

I just carefully took out the battery, inspected the connector pins and carefully put it back in then let it sit on the counter. I'll see what happens. I noticed that there are two or three missed calls. My ring setting is vibrate then ring. I'll add to this any further findings/events.

Has anyone else run into this?

"No...but if we think fast enough, we just might live to lie about it."

Last edited by mtnmedic; 11-27-2008 at 05:25 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-27-2008, 05:29 PM
tmz
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Pro2
Carrier: sprint

tmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: Weird new glitch?

What programs do you have installed ?
Old 11-27-2008, 05:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quite a few programs. The most recently installed, however, are:

Microsoft Reader w/activation
Skyfire browser
J.S. Advanced Configuration Tool 3.3
Montecristoff Diamond Tweak
Vicsoft UI Tweaker
MobileMonger

Older programs installed:

Deep Thought's hTorch
Wei Enterprises neuPower Driver
FInixNOver FInix VGA Battery Icons
Darklord69 Battery meter v2
Darklord69 Taskbar icons v2
NFL Mobile Live
Microsoft WM update KB958639
TCMPMP The Core Mobile Pocket Media Player
CodyPPC Battery and Performance Hack
Anton Tomov Pocket Mechanic
Handmark TV Guide
L. Sylvain Manila Calculator Skin
Sunnysoft Backup Manager
Sprint Picture Mail (update)
NisseDilligaf Sprint 2Flip clock
Touch Pro Audio Fix (Lite Version)
WISER for Pocket PC
SPB Online (I may uninstall this...doesn't seem to work right although it did okay on my Touch)
Bins0.net Gyrator 2
Total Commander
Omega One 1-Calc
Andreas Falke Weather Database Editor
Microsoft .NET CF 3.5

and Some small games, most of which are pretty universally run on just about any device
Old 11-27-2008, 06:05 PM
tmz
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Pro2
Carrier: sprint

tmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I would try uninstalling (J.S. Advanced Configuration Tool 3.3). And run it for a day or two, I think I saw a post over at XDA on this, Don't know what Version it was.

Hope that Helps.

Thanks T M Z

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=418151
Old 11-27-2008, 06:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

[quote=tmz;546728]I would try uninstalling (J.S. Advanced Configuration Tool 3.3). And run it for a day or two, I think I saw a post over at XDA on this, Don't know what Version it was.

Hope that Helps.

Thanks T M Z

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...151[/quote]

Okay I did that. I'll see if the symptoms crop up again. It's just weird. I've never seen a phone do that before. I can see the dark screen and not waking up until a hard reset but the continuous vibrating (steady...non-stop or change in frequency/cycles)...was just bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

This only happened twice and I noticed that-after taking it off the USB sync/charging cable the first time that the vibrating, etc. wore the battery down just a little bit. In other words, I suspect that there was no longer a power charging connection between the phone and the cable/PC at that moment. I could be wrong, too.
Old 11-27-2008, 06:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

hey, i have advanced config 3.3 (but only used a select few options)... no problems there in my case..
after installing diamond tweak and playing around with vibration feedback, however, i noticed that my phone started vibrating randomly... reverted my settings back and removed it and now everything's good. just my 2 cents...
note: it never vibrated continuously like yours tho
Old 11-27-2008, 07:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: PPCGEEKS AND SPRINT

fearbasel04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfearbasel04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfearbasel04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

phone just froze on an in coming call happens why only Microsoft knows lol as for not charging while connected to a pc thats because you may have it checked that way.. to change that setting go to setting and in power in power uncheck it. good luck
Old 11-27-2008, 08:45 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

had the same thing happened twice. I noticed when the TP is being overworked and charging....dunno yet
Old 11-27-2008, 10:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearbasel04 View Post
phone just froze on an in coming call happens why only Microsoft knows lol as for not charging while connected to a pc thats because you may have it checked that way.. to change that setting go to setting and in power in power uncheck it. good luck
Not how I have it set. But thanks anyway. Just a mystery to me. Haven't happened again...yet? I can only surmise that it's related to one of the handful of new programs I installed recently as nothing like this has happened until now and I did most of the new installations yesterday so that may be a key point.
Old 11-27-2008, 10:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

SteveAlaniz is a n00b

I've posted a few times regarding this issue and its still been happening to me off and on. I've downloaded just a few basic programs and with nothing running it will continuously vibrate at any random moment (charging, incoming calls, missed texts/e-mails)! Don't know what to do but cry to Sprint and get a new one.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro