PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2008, 04:49 PM
Let me count thy wounds
Pocket PC: Photon 4G
Carrier: Sprint

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime
Re: VERIZON Touch Pro Pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by grull27 View Post
I think there's a misunderstanding.

My favorite is the unlocked GSM. 2nd is Fuze. 3rd is Verizon.

I can't stand the Sprint one. It is so ugly. The silver curved back is ugly. The curved edges are weird. The chrome bezel is too ugly for life. I just can't stand the whole thing all together.
I would have to strongly disagree, and for that matter I would thank Jesus H. Christ that I have jumped ship from Big Red over 4 years ago, and now they bestow watered down hardware on us which I would also consider Anti-American, and as for the AT&T model, it has too much bloatware as always. The unlocked GSM is prone to fingerprints and have as boxy of a design as the ones you rank over the Sprint/Alltel/Telus/T-Mo MDA Vario IV (Euro) versions. When we settle for less than what we expect, we settle for communism, which is are the only ideals only a primadonna has
If you are literally serving shit to American children, or knowingly spinning a wheel where it is not unlikely that you will eventually serve shit – if that’s your business model? Then I got no problems with a jury of your peers wiring your nuts to a car battery and feeding you the accumulated sweepings from the bottom of a monkey cage. In fact, I’ll hold the spoon.” -Ralph Dunlop-

Last edited by blasphemous_prime; 11-30-2008 at 03:17 PM.
Old 11-29-2008, 05:11 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

Right you are, Prime! Right you are!
Old 11-29-2008, 05:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre too an Hero!

a1aone is just getting started

Im glad I got sprint..
Old 11-29-2008, 07:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LG VS750 (Fathom)
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Walt is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
..., but I'm sure I could get used to it in about 1/2 hour of typing & to me anyway the larger KB buttons of the vz model are an improvement IMHO.........
I have to agree! =D>

I am an ultra fast touch typist on my full size PC keyboard, and I found no problems at all getting use to the VZW Touch Pro keyboard, because, let's face it, I "hunt and peck" on any keyboard that is overall that small.

And yes, comparing the VZW keyboard to my friend's Fuze keyboard, the keys on the VZW keyboard are a substantial 30% larger. A welcome advantage to anyone with man-size hands.
Old 11-29-2008, 08:26 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: I have Evolved.

chappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I have hands large enough to palm a basketball, and I can't find gloves to fit me. The Sprint keyboard is plenty big enough, plus it has lots of useful buttons. Then again, I had no issues typing on the diamond on screen keyboard, because I know how to use my finger tips, not mash the entire screen/keyboard like a mongoloid.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-29-2008, 08:28 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by chappy View Post
I have hands large enough to palm a basketball, and I can't find gloves to fit me. The Sprint keyboard is plenty big enough, plus it has lots of useful buttons. Then again, I had no issues typing on the diamond on screen keyboard, because I know how to use my finger tips, not mash the entire screen/keyboard like a mongoloid.

Ahahahaha!! Thanks for the backup!
Old 11-29-2008, 10:18 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung SCH-i760

mobidutch is a n00b

I just picked up the VZW TP from a local VZW store. Unfortunately for me, I hate smudges and fingerprints, and this phone will smudge by just looking at it. I can live with wiping the screen clean...that's pretty much a given. But did they HAVE to make it that high-gloss plastic instead of a nice matte rubberized finish?

I will definitely check out the Sprint version tomorrow, as well as the Omnia when it gets here. But for now... I'll take this TP for a spin to see how it holds up.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro