PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2008, 11:38 PM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Baffles
Stupid Annoyances

Today my TP started doing some annoying things, seemingly out of the blue.

First off, my S2U2 install was setup to auto unlock when you open KB, but I had to disable that option because it started locking whenever I popped out KB or put it back in.

And shortly after disabling that setting, after popping out my keyboard and starting to type, for example a text message, the text will go into the message for a few seconds, then it will pop up the dialer and start searching my contacts with the rest of the text. My Mogul used to do this, but this is the first I've seen it happen on a touch pro.

baf.cc | GPS Toggler | Touch Pro Essentials | Got MSL?
Donations are accepted and greatly appreciated.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Stupid Annoyances

my end key wouldn't work for a little bit. when I get done texting in landscape my Reso Registry is open also.

Old 11-15-2008, 12:53 AM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO
Threadstarter

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Baffles

My sym button on the keyboard doesn't seem to work anymore either. I haven't done the old school word correction cab or changed anything that should affect it. Hmm...
Old 11-18-2008, 02:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Stock)

matthew23 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffles View Post

And shortly after disabling that setting, after popping out my keyboard and starting to type, for example a text message, the text will go into the message for a few seconds, then it will pop up the dialer and start searching my contacts with the rest of the text. My Mogul used to do this, but this is the first I've seen it happen on a touch pro.
this is happening to me too..very annoying. it seems it happens a lot when I switch from landscape to protrait when I slide my keyboard it...not necessarily when I am typing text messages...
Old 11-18-2008, 03:01 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

My Sym key doesn't work either, though I've always assumed it was the result of disabling T9.

For S2U2, do you have the "Unlock after screen rotated" or the "Don't use Keyboard hook" enabled? I have the first Off, and the second On, and have not had this issue but they seem like likely candidates to check.
Old 11-18-2008, 04:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

itouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffles View Post
Today my TP started doing some annoying things, seemingly out of the blue.

First off, my S2U2 install was setup to auto unlock when you open KB, but I had to disable that option because it started locking whenever I popped out KB or put it back in.

i am having the same issue.. when i start typing my contacts on the dialer starts searching .. other people as well have same issue.. its in discussion to be the modified icons on the top which is causing it ...? spb installed programs...? and now u are saying could be related to s2u2 ... i have s2u2 installed along with spb programs.. u have any spb programs installed... if u do not then i can rule them out...

check this thread out:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=20807

and people on this thread are having same issue:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...417#post527417
Old 11-18-2008, 04:52 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

The solution to the dialer glitch is to make sure you've tapped your way into the "Enter name here" field first. The problem I think most are having is that that search field isn't selected by default anymore.
Old 11-18-2008, 05:10 PM
VIP Member

itouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodThings2Life View Post
The solution to the dialer glitch is to make sure you've tapped your way into the "Enter name here" field first. The problem I think most are having is that that search field isn't selected by default anymore.
many times i click on reply ... then while loading i flip screen to landscape.. all looks ok ... and as soon as i start typing the phone jumps to dialpad smart dial searching... i have to x out of that then go back into the text messages and do again,,, then it is fine....
Old 11-21-2008, 09:52 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

finberg is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by itouch24 View Post
many times i click on reply ... then while loading i flip screen to landscape.. all looks ok ... and as soon as i start typing the phone jumps to dialpad smart dial searching... i have to x out of that then go back into the text messages and do again,,, then it is fine....
I'm having the same issue. No SPB program installed, but I did do change the icons and noticed it after that
Old 11-21-2008, 09:59 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by finberg View Post
I'm having the same issue. No SPB program installed, but I did do change the icons and noticed it after that

after investigating and talking to other members there is another hack which i think is causing this ... did u activate the hack to prevent the screen from turning on when sliding out the keyboard on the touch pro?

this is what we think is causing it

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro