PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2008, 12:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Treo Pro
Carrier: Spint PCS

porcaccio is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to porcaccio Send a message via MSN to porcaccio Send a message via Yahoo to porcaccio
TF3D is a poor experiment...

My TP has it's issues. I think all of the phones I have ever owned have their issues. But my main issue with the TP is TF3D. How can anyone think that it is superior to the basic Windows functionality? Because it's pretty?

Breaking it down... It's slow. It's a memory hog... If you click onto an email from TF3D when you have multiple emails to read, closing it doesn't leave you in the mailbox, but brings you back to... TF3D. What good is that? Deleting an SMS from TF3D leaves the sent responses in there, so that you still haven't cleared out the memory you wanted.

The "phone" interface is wonky and slow to respond.

I am two days away from my window to return this phone closing. I really like it in concept, and damnit, Sprint doesn't have another device worthy right now, but if there were a way to remove that piece of crap software from my phone, I'd jump all over it.

Is the 2D version much better?
Old 11-22-2008, 12:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

kwatcha is becoming a great contributor
Re: TF3D is a poor experiment...

Amen to that...I agree to that 100%....I basically disabled TF3D
Old 11-22-2008, 12:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic, Evo, TP2

TheMostToys is keeping up the good workTheMostToys is keeping up the good work

It's very easy to remove TF3d. It's a today item. Go into Settings->Today->Items and uncheck TouchFLO 3D.
Old 11-22-2008, 12:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon

shark1987 is keeping up the good workshark1987 is keeping up the good work

yea, seriously, just take it off. it's not like it's permanent.
Old 11-22-2008, 12:55 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

all you have to do is disable tf, why is that so hard? take the phone back and get the instinct. by the time you posted, tf could have been taken off.
Old 11-22-2008, 01:35 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

and if disabling it isn't good enough, try a different rom
Old 11-22-2008, 01:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

JickBahTech is keeping up the good workJickBahTech is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Skype™ to JickBahTech

I'm not trying to defend TF3D (I just got my Pro in yesterday so I'm still in honeymoon phase), but I don't bother with clicking on individual messages from the tab. I might scan through them on TF3D, but then I'll hit the inbox softkey to actually read my mail.

Or if I do click an individual email, I can always use side swipes to read through adjacent emails.

It's fun to use now, but as I'm finding shortcuts around and through it, I'll probably remove it after a while.
Old 11-22-2008, 01:52 PM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL

use the ppc kitchen and dont include it. Or you could just disable it. The phone flies with it disabled.
Old 11-22-2008, 02:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

docmarioce is a n00b
I don't agree

I come from a generation of Treos: 650 (Palm OS), 700p, 700 wx and 800w and always trying to make it look better and trying to change the Today/Home screen and finally found everything I needed esthetically speaking in the TP. The TF3D plugin is what made me switch to a touch screen phone and I think the TP handles pretty well with it, unfortunately I can't say the same of the Diamond since is slower but the TP is ok, I personally was used to have everything at the tip of my fingers and the transition is been pretty smoothly so I'm happy with my TP and its TF3D and looking forward to experiment with the different themes available on the net.
Old 11-22-2008, 02:03 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

Takes a couple of days to get used to the layout of how the opening and closing of various apps affect one another. Once you do, it's all easy and automatic. I have virtually no complaints about TF3D. It's fast for me, covers nearly all of my needs, and matters like this are really a non-issue.

All of that having been said, as noted, it's pretty darn easy to remove TF3D, bringing you back to a standard Windows Mobile phone.

Last edited by TurboFool; 11-22-2008 at 02:07 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro