PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2008, 02:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

sherv is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: TF3D is a poor experiment...

All TF3D needs is the ability to be further customized, something to the extent of UltimateLauncher...though I sheepishly admit that I haven't tried any of the tweak programs which are out there due to reading about numerous crashes and such.

Old 11-22-2008, 02:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

The biggest problem with TF3D is you can't use any home screen plug-ins like the awesome weather panel without using something like second screen.

I use Mobile Shell in my TP although I do think TF3D is kinda cool, so I swap back & forth between the two setups.

~John
Old 11-22-2008, 02:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (soon as it ships)
Carrier: Verizon (soon to be Sprint)

mitchedo is a n00b

I like TF3D just fine. Of course, this is my first WinMo device. I used an ancient Sony Clie and talked on a Motorola V60 before getting this.

...so you may dismiss me as an old fuddy-duddy and return your phone. The Instinct is quite nice. My wife and son love theirs. The web browser is nowhere near as nice as Opera mobile.
Old 11-22-2008, 02:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff

You can shut off the skin on the phone too.

Renamed HKLM\Security\Phone\Skin
To HKLM\Security\Phone\Skin_

And reboot
Old 11-22-2008, 03:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Treo Pro
Carrier: Spint PCS
Threadstarter

porcaccio is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to porcaccio Send a message via MSN to porcaccio Send a message via Yahoo to porcaccio

Guys,

thanks for the replies. i've had a ton of winmo phones, and the TF3D, while looking amazing was really getting on my nerves for some of the flaws in the way things are laid out. I'm still on the fence overall, especially with the Treo Pro coming to Sprint in January, but I will try this out a few more days and let you guys know.

For the guy that suggested the instinct... FU! My only complaint was TF3D, not the phone itself, so keep your dumbass comments to yourself.
Old 11-22-2008, 03:31 PM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

Quote:
Originally Posted by porcaccio View Post
Guys,

thanks for the replies. i've had a ton of winmo phones, and the TF3D, while looking amazing was really getting on my nerves for some of the flaws in the way things are laid out. I'm still on the fence overall, especially with the Treo Pro coming to Sprint in January, but I will try this out a few more days and let you guys know.

For the guy that suggested the instinct... FU! My only complaint was TF3D, not the phone itself, so keep your ******* comments to yourself.
FU? I don't think that comment is necessary. He was only saying disable it. This is a friendly forum where people with common devices and needs come together. There is no need to cuss someone. I hate to notice that you have never thanked anyone who helped you or have been thanked for helping anyone. Please keep your language to yourself. This is especially important if you are not contributing.
Old 11-22-2008, 03:33 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by thacounty View Post
FU? I don't think that comment is necessary. He was only saying disable it. This is a friendly forum where people with common devices and needs come together. There is no need to cuss someone. I hate to notice that you have never thanked anyone who helped you or have been thanked for helping anyone. Please keep your language to yourself. This is especially important if you are not contributing.
+1 dschoenike

Old 11-22-2008, 03:40 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G-EVO 3D-Acer Iconia A500
Carrier: Sprint

gmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuff

lol WOW i never heard of someone wanting to return their phone because of a today screen plugin.
Old 11-22-2008, 03:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Treo Pro
Carrier: Spint PCS
Threadstarter

porcaccio is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to porcaccio Send a message via MSN to porcaccio Send a message via Yahoo to porcaccio

No, sorry, I respectfully disagree. I've never posted that much, if you look closely, so I'm not truly a regular. However, his comment was not just telling me to disable it. Anyone suggesting an Instinct to a person who is using a WinMo phone is insulting that person's intelligence.

So, I didn't know TF3D was a today item, now that I know, I can turn it off. Do I need to check a thank you to every person who suggested it? Or just to the first one? Look at it from my perspective.

My reaction my have been harsh for a friendly forum, but those comments can be held in check, just as my response should have.

So, in the end, I agree that I was in the wrong for making such a strong comeback, but the reasoning for it still stands.
Old 11-22-2008, 03:46 PM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

Quote:
Originally Posted by porcaccio View Post
No, sorry, I respectfully disagree. I've never posted that much, if you look closely, so I'm not truly a regular. However, his comment was not just telling me to disable it. Anyone suggesting an Instinct to a person who is using a WinMo phone is insulting that person's intelligence.

So, I didn't know TF3D was a today item, now that I know, I can turn it off. Do I need to check a thank you to every person who suggested it? Or just to the first one? Look at it from my perspective.

My reaction my have been harsh for a friendly forum, but those comments can be held in check, just as my response should have.

So, in the end, I agree that I was in the wrong for making such a strong comeback, but the reasoning for it still stands.
You should thank anyone who helps you at any time. That is why the button is so easy to press. If you only want to thank one person who told you then do that, but it would be nice to know that you are appreciative of others help.

Not posting is fine, no one wants you to leave. We also don't want others to leave because they think they will not have a warm welcome.

I don't know if he was questioning your intelligence or making a joke, I would lean towards joke, he is always wisecracking in the TP forum. Plus he likes the Philly and we all know the Predators are better. Haha.

If you must cuss use the **** because I am pretty sure the guys here want family friendly. If you want somewhere to let off steam NSFW may be the place for you.

I am glad you can see it in perspective and I am in no way flaming you, and I don't want you to think I would.

On topic, I have had a great TF3D experience, it is much better than the 2d if you ask me, I had 2d on my vogue. The experience of TF3D on TP is much better than Diamond, imho. I had the diamond before.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro