PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2008, 06:06 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool
Re: Is there a program that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by getimmaaw View Post
Some people in non-English speaking countries, or countries that have english as a second language use these term to refer to computers and other things. Its not people getting dumber.
Calling a computer by one of the internal components that does not function on its own requires MORE knowledge than knowing the term "computer." This is therefore a case of someone over-thinking the matter and still failing to get it right. That doesn't say cultural barrier to me, that says cluelessness. Besides, of all the people I constantly hear refer to computers as hard drives and modems, a disproportionately small percentage of them speak English as a secondary language. I'd say these people tend to try harder to get it right and are more successful.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Sprint Family Shared 1500 Min.
Threadstarter

chedda_chez is keeping up the good workchedda_chez is keeping up the good workchedda_chez is keeping up the good work

lmfao..

whats more dumb is you really care what ppl call a computer.

what a joke.

-Chez
Old 11-21-2008, 06:34 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

Quote:
Originally Posted by chedda_chez View Post
lmfao..

what a joke.

-Chez
lol... Did you find your program?
Old 11-21-2008, 07:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

chedda_chez is keeping up the good workchedda_chez is keeping up the good workchedda_chez is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDiesel07 View Post
lol... Did you find your program?
hahaha...yeah i bought microsoft office small business 07' and it has outlook and all that there.

needed to buy it this just made me actually do it.

thanks.

-Chez
Old 11-21-2008, 08:18 PM
Timeless

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

Quote:
Originally Posted by chedda_chez View Post
lmfao..

what a joke.

-Chez
Sorry, I have respect for communication skills, which includes calling things what they actually are. Those that don't have them seem to have a lot more trouble getting assistance. Just like the poor schmoes who walk into the store and ask for a hard drive, modem, or CPU and get directed to, *gasp*, the hard drives, modems, or CPUs!
Old 11-21-2008, 08:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

thats why those "schmoes" you speak of dont work at the store, they just buy the damn thing, we dont really care if you call it: cpu, pcu, cup, puc, hard drive, modem, tower, computer or anything else as long as it works right.

you can have all the respect you want for communication skills, still not gonna change anything.

oh yeah and i dont have ANY trbl getting assistance.

-Chez
Old 11-21-2008, 09:05 PM
Timeless

When you walk into a store and call something by a name that's completely wrong and describes something completely different than what you actually want, you foster ill will with the employee and you triple the time it takes you to get what you came in for. That's all I'm saying.

Speaking clear English and calling things by their actual names has genuine advantages over calling them anything you feel like. Try going to the car dealership and asking for a spare tire and see how much trouble they have figuring out you mean a sports car.

Go to the grocery store and ask for the sesame seeds and see how much luck you have finding hamburger buns.

Go to Walmart and ask where the buttons are and see how quickly you find women's business jackets.

Be stubborn and call things whatever you want, but it's not the world's responsibility to figure you out when you don't make sense. Have some respect for the time of the people around you and make the effort to be clear to them. It'll save you both time and make you appear more intelligent. But I forget, these days intelligence is for chumps, right?
Old 11-21-2008, 09:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

hahaha...this guy.

check this out...PERFECT example right here. i posted this thread asking how to transfer from CPU to TouchPro and EVERYONE knew EXACTLY what i was talking about...

+1 for me. end of discussion...

-Chez
Old 11-21-2008, 11:29 PM
Let me count thy wounds
Pocket PC: Photon 4G

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime

Alright people, that's enough of the unproductive mess. I shall close this one before it gets ugly.
If you are literally serving shit to American children, or knowingly spinning a wheel where it is not unlikely that you will eventually serve shit – if that’s your business model? Then I got no problems with a jury of your peers wiring your nuts to a car battery and feeding you the accumulated sweepings from the bottom of a monkey cage. In fact, I’ll hold the spoon.” -Ralph Dunlop-
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro