PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2008, 08:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

webazoid is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
can someone explain how to set up push email?

I've read that you can use mail2web to push your emails to your tp. How do I set this up? I've created a mail2web account. Then added gmail as an aggregator. However, it download messsages from a few years ago into the mail2web account. With push email, would my tp download emails whenever a new one comes in? would this waste more battery?
Old 11-16-2008, 08:46 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Re: can someone explain how to set up push email?

It will almost certainly kill your battery life if you don't put a lot of restrictions on it in terms of how far back it can sync and how much of the message it can download.

I recommend no more than 1 week with no more than 25KB of the body and no attachments if you plan on successfully using Push.

That said, I've not used mail2web before, so I can only suggest logging into their site and clicking their "Help" or FAQ links for step-by-step instructions.
Old 11-16-2008, 11:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

sj808 is just getting started

search is your bestfriend

Windows Live does push as well and doesn't kill your battery:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=45078
Old 11-17-2008, 02:01 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2, TP, Touch, Rant, Rumor: on 9 lines
Carrier: Sprint Business plan

fat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIP

I got this so long ago I don't even know who to credit but here ya go. It uses battery but non-issue for me.

Free direct push mail using mail2web tutorial
1. Go and sign up for an account via this link HERE

2. Once you have signed up then take your ppc and go to start/programs/activsync/menu in the bottom left corner/ menu / now select add server source.

3. Add email information. username@mail2web.com

4. In the server address box put in mobile.exchange.mail2web.com and check the box that says this server requires and encrypted (SSL) connection.

5. Hit next in the user name box put your
username@mail2web.com, password, and in the domain box put ad2. You can go to advanced to setup if u want it to replace item on device and an option for event logging. You don?t have to mess with these settings unless you want to.

5. Click next and select whatever you would like the device to sync with the exchange server. I sync everything cause if I?m out and about and I have troubles I can hard reset and sync my contacts, calendar, email, and tasks right on the spot.

6. Click finish, now go to menu/schedule/ in the peak and off peak boxes select as items arrive, now set the other setting to how you want.

(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |Sept 20| 21916| Sense 2.5|Cookie 2.0-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)
EDC: htc TP2, Rohrbaugh R9 Stealth, Dereelight C2H, Pocket Bible NASB, Leatherman Squirt

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro