PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2008, 09:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo Soon!
Carrier: Sprint

soggystockings is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Skyfire mobile?

Thx...Just got my pro and having a couple of issues...Thats one of them...

Old 11-11-2008, 09:37 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

Yeah, I kind of miss it, but not horrifically yet. Opera Mobile's fantastic enough that it's only non-YouTube flash video sites that I'm missing out on, and I can manage.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Cruise
Carrier: Singtel

roomer11 is a n00b

There's a way to use Skyfire on Touch Pro,
1st slide out the hardware keyboard, then start Skyfire, from then on, stay in landscape mode, and use the hardware keyboard to type, do not use the software keyboard.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:45 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: samsung
Carrier: vzn

Unflushablelog is keeping up the good workUnflushablelog is keeping up the good workUnflushablelog is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by soggystockings View Post
I tried to get skyfire to load on my phone but that was a no go...Any way around this? I cant get my fantasy football page from espn to load correctly...like the desk top
skyfire loads... When you first install it shows up half screened, but after you first register/log in just close the app (maybe soft reset) and then from there on when you open it, you have to either open the app with your keyboard out or leave it in portrait mode. Once you try and switch view modes, it goes back to half screen. Also, because it's not optimized for vga the quality is qvga-like and noticeably worse than it should be...
Hope you get the crippled version working... it may not be like it was on our old phones, but it's better than not having it at all.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:46 PM
tmz
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Pro2
Carrier: sprint

tmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by soggystockings View Post
I tried to get skyfire to load on my phone but that was a no go...Any way around this? I cant get my fantasy football page from espn to load correctly...like the desk top
It works.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...3009&page=8#78

Last edited by tmz; 11-13-2008 at 11:13 PM.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:48 PM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL

It still drains the chit out of my battery. I can live with opera and opera mini.
Old 11-11-2008, 11:43 PM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Skyfire working on my Touch Pro

I had to change devices now that my TP is my primary device so I went to Skyfire and changed devices got the text message and downloaded the cab. I loaded version 0.8.0.7081 and everything seams to be working now. First I loaded Skyfire soft reset then opened the keyboard and started using Skyfire in landscape like everyone else has been everything worked fine. Then I closed the keyboard went to the start menu and launched Skyfire again in portrait it opened and everything is working fine. The only problem I am having is with the menu button being hard to activate. Can any one else confirm this? Here are a few screenie:

“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-12-2008, 12:17 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Evo

ACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuff
Re: Skyfire working on my Touch Pro

I've been using same version for days, and it wasn't working w/ portrait mode like many claimed

I just checked it thinking 'this guy must be high', but it does work in portrait mode for some reason now. May be it somewhat updates itself when it starts up?

Anyways, it does work in portrait for now.

Myn's 2.2 RLS3
Netarchy-toastmod-4.21-bfs-bfq-havs-more-smartass-universal (More Aggressive Undervolting) //// Testing Ziggy471Kernel-EVO-update_signed-11052010-1609
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-12-2008, 12:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

sracercelica is keeping up the good worksracercelica is keeping up the good work
Re: Skyfire working on my Touch Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACHlLLES View Post
I've been using same version for days, and it wasn't working w/ portrait mode like many claimed

I just checked it thinking 'this guy must be high', but it does work in portrait mode for some reason now. May be it somewhat updates itself when it starts up?

Anyways, it does work in portrait for now.
Well Im glad its working for you because its not for me in any mode
Old 11-12-2008, 12:27 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: samsung
Carrier: vzn

Unflushablelog is keeping up the good workUnflushablelog is keeping up the good workUnflushablelog is keeping up the good work

is it true you can watch flash sites on opera (like skyfire) with flash lite 3.1? i heard you can, but it slows it down?? if so, where can i get it and will it have negative effects if i don't like it and uninstall... i'm trying to avoid hard resetting for a while..

edit: i have the stock sprint rom and opera v2316

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro