PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2008, 10:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Vogue/Touch_Pro
Carrier: Sprint

hdkilner is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to hdkilner
Roaming

Sorry if this is off topic but it refers to my Touch Pro my question is this:
If I am roaming and on another network and my pro accesses web data which it will cause thats what it does will I incure data charges for the time its roaming I know Sprint says free roaming but as far as I know it was only for calling can anyone enlighten me here?? Thanks

Old 11-11-2008, 10:50 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC6700, Treo 700wx, Touch Pro

CountryDevil is keeping up the good workCountryDevil is keeping up the good workCountryDevil is keeping up the good work
Re: Roaming

Roaming is roaming... does not matter if it is voice or data...
Old 11-11-2008, 11:05 AM
Lurker

fdtech is a n00b

Along the same topic, Ive forced roaming in my apartment because my Verizon reception is head and shoulders better then my sprint reception...however, verizon's data is much much slower loading webpages and such. Is this the way it should be? Is sprint's 3G that much quicker?
Old 11-11-2008, 11:10 AM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

You better believe that. Sprint is the fastest when it comes to data. No roaming charges will apply when roaming if your plan includes that.(keep in mind Sprint reserves the right to warn/cut off if roaming usage exceeds 1/2 off overall usage
Old 11-11-2008, 11:18 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EPIC

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdtech View Post
Along the same topic, Ive forced roaming in my apartment because my Verizon reception is head and shoulders better then my sprint reception...however, verizon's data is much much slower loading webpages and such. Is this the way it should be? Is sprint's 3G that much quicker?
I agree with hbenz2008,

Just be very carefull, if you main useage is roaming mins and they are 50% more then your reg min and it happens for a couple of months, you run the risk of being cut off by sprint. There is a claus about this but it is in tiny tiny printing so you dont see it...lol

Remember it cost sprint when people roam on other carriers towers.
Don't just say "Thanks"....give

Last edited by Unknown Zone; 11-11-2008 at 11:20 AM.
Old 11-11-2008, 11:18 AM
Lurker

fdtech is a n00b

Well I could understand that, but if my apartment equated to a "dead zone" how could they enforce that? Granted Im on Sprint whenever im not here just to have access to quicker data, but im guessing while they "reserve the right" they'd rarely enforce it
Old 11-11-2008, 11:24 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Vogue/Touch_Pro
Threadstarter

hdkilner is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to hdkilner

I dont wana really drag this thread out but loaded a roaming edit so I couold turn roaming on myself well anyhow I did this at work and it picked alltel which drops my calls from work instead of staying on sprint which never drops calls from work does roaming just pick the first available network youd think it would pick the strongest signal??
Old 11-11-2008, 11:26 AM
VIP Member

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdtech View Post
Well I could understand that, but if my apartment equated to a "dead zone" how could they enforce that?

Well they gave that nice..PR line...."sorry we were unable to meet your needs.....etc" it has happen before in the past when they were looking for ways to reduce cost and alot of people that roam were cut off in a very nice way by giving a grace time to look for other cariers and sprint took care of the termination fee.

Last edited by Unknown Zone; 11-11-2008 at 11:30 AM.
Old 11-11-2008, 11:26 AM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Baffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Zone View Post
Remember it cost sprint when people roam on other carriers towers.
That goes both ways. Sprint earns money when non-Sprinters roam on their towers, so it works out about even IMO.

As far as Verizon data being slower, when you roam on VZW you only get 1x, not EVDO, which isn't 3g. So that's why it is slower.

baf.cc | GPS Toggler | Touch Pro Essentials | Got MSL?
Donations are accepted and greatly appreciated.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-11-2008, 11:38 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffles View Post
That goes both ways. Sprint earns money when non-Sprinters roam on their towers, so it works out about even IMO.
Yes it does go both ways, but in sprint case they are probley spending more then recieving...therefore I can see sprint cutting off people that use their phone more on a roaming basis....if you look at it in a business sort of way to reduce cost.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro