PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2008, 08:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

DarkChewby is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch Pro's Physical Build

Hello,

I had received two Touch Pro's (on accident Sprint put in a double order) and I've been examining the difference in quality between the build quality so I can choose which one to return back to Sprint. I noticed that one of the Touch Pro's was not very good at displaying white on the screen. It was a lil more like incandescent white instead of a pure white you get form a fluorescent light. I found that annoying.

I also noticed the space between the two parts of the layer was slightly different. The one with the bad display had a tighter fit between the two sliding pieces, while the one with a good display was a little bit looser. I found that the one that had the good display when the keyboard is exposed you can wobble the screen part just a little bit like a normal wobble you would expect, while the other one did not wobble at all.

The one with the bad display also had slightly more resistance when you tried to push the two pieces apart.

They both had the back plate creak Lol, which I find it be a little annoying, but nothing I really minded about.

I decided to keep the one which had the better screen. (Though for some reason this phone had very unnoticeable dents on the top edge of the phone (only noticeable when light deflects a little distorted off the otherwise smooth surface) I noticed no dents, on the other one but noticed scratches on the silver sides. (I may ask Sprint for a replacement, since I'm anal and I don't like dents :P)

What are everyone else's phones like?
Old 11-11-2008, 07:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Airave
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Edwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro's Physical Build

I prefer the warmer tint to LCD with mine. I have the tighter sliding LCD panel one. I never liked the wobbly screen my old Mogul had.

The one thing that bugs me is the button area panel is a little crooked, with the upper left side (home button area) is slightly raised. Almost a milimeter.

But since the LCD is perfect (no dead pixels.) I'm afraid to exchange it and get stuck with one with dead pixels or other problems.

-Ed

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro