PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2008, 09:49 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exchanged TP for a new one, no more issues...

Mfr Date: 10/12/08.

My first Touch Pro that I got on release day was build date of 10/13/08. I'm not sure if that made the difference, but my new one is much better. The keyboard on my old one was incredibly snug and would "scrape" against the plastic when pulling it out or pushing it back in. The bottom capacitive buttons were raised slightly from the device and not flush, and after 2 weeks with the device, I started to have the problem others were having where the left side was raised up. The keyboard was also very stiff and the spacebar was sometimes hard to press.

This new one (10/12/08 build) is fantastic! There is a fair gap between the keyboard and screen. No more scraping, and it's very smooth. The bottom capacitive buttons are COMPLETELY flush with the device (maybe 1/5 of a mm raised, not even noticeable) with no issues, and the d-pad seems to be more responsive because of this. The keyboard is much better as well. It seems to require much less effort to hit the keys, and the spacebar is no longer a hassle.

I just wanted to let you guys know because if you're having those little issues, it's not right, and it's not characteristic of the phone, because now I have one that doesn't have those annoyances. Take it back.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:10 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro
Carrier: sprint

madhat420bx is a n00b
Re: Exchanged TP for a new one, no more issues...

My volume keys and the slide out keyboard stopped working randomly last night. Nothing happened to it that should have caused it, i.e. being dropped, thrown, stepped on, etc

Was working fine all day, then all of a sudden I couldn't adjust the ringer volume... while I'm looking at that, i get a text and find out that the KB doesn't work wtf.

I've tried a soft reset, no change. I was gonna do a hard reset, but shouldnt have to, I'm gonna take it back to exchange it.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

WARMACHN is a n00b

I need to take mine back I got like a rainbow swirl in the middle of the screen... same build date 10/13/08
Old 11-10-2008, 11:15 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

thesfactor is keeping up the good workthesfactor is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by WARMACHN View Post
I need to take mine back I got like a rainbow swirl in the middle of the screen... same build date 10/13/08
Rainbow in the middle of the screen? I think your TP is trying to tell you something
haha J/k bro...
Old 11-10-2008, 11:27 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

wildpig is keeping up the good workwildpig is keeping up the good work

voice command and gps lag still not fixed right?
Old 11-10-2008, 11:34 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

thesfactor is keeping up the good workthesfactor is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
Mfr Date: 10/12/08.

My first Touch Pro that I got on release day was build date of 10/13/08. I'm not sure if that made the difference, but my new one is much better. The keyboard on my old one was incredibly snug and would "scrape" against the plastic when pulling it out or pushing it back in. The bottom capacitive buttons were raised slightly from the device and not flush, and after 2 weeks with the device, I started to have the problem others were having where the left side was raised up. The keyboard was also very stiff and the spacebar was sometimes hard to press.

This new one (10/12/08 build) is fantastic! There is a fair gap between the keyboard and screen. No more scraping, and it's very smooth. The bottom capacitive buttons are COMPLETELY flush with the device (maybe 1/5 of a mm raised, not even noticeable) with no issues, and the d-pad seems to be more responsive because of this. The keyboard is much better as well. It seems to require much less effort to hit the keys, and the spacebar is no longer a hassle.

I just wanted to let you guys know because if you're having those little issues, it's not right, and it's not characteristic of the phone, because now I have one that doesn't have those annoyances. Take it back.
Please try hooking up your phone to the charger while it's on low battery (10%) and either talk on the phone using speakerphone or use it to stream music/gps etc and let us know if the battery shuts off from charging or keeps going like it should - try for 30 mins or 1 hr and keep your eyes on the blinking LED to see if its continuously charging or if it's starting and stopping when it heats or cools down.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:10 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт
Threadstarter

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

I've never had trouble with Voice Command (mine works fine with the new one too), and GPS doesn't seem to lag...

And the battery, I wouldn't talk on my phone with 10% battery life anyway. lol
Old 11-10-2008, 04:16 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

the tp wont continue to charge if using the phone while its charging because of the heat sensor. slideout you kb while charging and you can still surf whiile charging. hope this helps someone.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC hero

jjday7 is keeping up the good workjjday7 is keeping up the good work

how do you guys even make calls connected to the charger. I couldn't even put the phone to my face and talk because the cord is so d&mn short. my phone was built on 10/12 also and I did have some issues but been fixing them daily. all I have left now is the creaky back door.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:25 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjday7 View Post
how do you guys even make calls connected to the charger. I couldn't even put the phone to my face and talk because the cord is so d&mn short. my phone was built on 10/12 also and I did have some issues but been fixing them daily. all I have left now is the creaky back door.
i use my 6900 charger.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro