PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2008, 07:27 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

cool8man is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question After exiting Opera, can't connect to the internet again.

Something weird happening with my phone. It allows me to browse the web only on the first boot up of Opera. If I shutdown Opera it won't let me access the internet anymore, even with Pocket IE.

All other data apps work fine, email, youtube, weather, etc. all let me access Sprint's data network, but my web browsers stop working and just hang trying to connect to a website.

If I soft reset then I have no problem accessing the internet until I exit out of Opera again.

Any ideas what is causing this?

Old 11-08-2008, 08:30 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community
Re: After exiting Opera, can't connect to the internet again.

it is my understanding that once opera closes it shuts the data connection down...perhaps yours is locking it up to a certain port...explaining why you can surf the web after a soft reset...i would test your browsing with pocket internet explorer and see if it remains the same. also did you add update or change anything on your device or is it still stock?

Old 11-08-2008, 08:35 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

cool8man is becoming a great contributor

Yeah. As I said when I try to launch Pocket Internet Explorer it doesn't work either. All other apps seem to be able to connect to the internet except for my web browsers.

I am using a stock ROM, but I have made a few tweaks. Also I'm using Opera build 2649.
Old 11-08-2008, 08:37 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community

yeah its def opera locking the port...you can try and install another version of opera or back up your essentials and hard reset...i would try a new opera

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro