PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2008, 01:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

dr g is keeping up the good workdr g is keeping up the good workdr g is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Scrolling too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznmode View Post
YES!!! finally I got it to scroll even slower and not to scroll too much. Using Regedit, go to HKLM > Software > OEM > TFLOSettings, change the following. Please make sure to write down the original setting if you want to revert back. I've since lost track what the default was but this works better for me so not a big deal.

PageHigh = 1
PageLow = 1
SpeedHigh = 100
SpeedLow = 14 (this might've been default already)

This extra setting below allows it to stop quicker when you tap the screen.

FingerPressure = 32 (higher the number the more sensitive)
I tried messing with these settings and finally solved my excessive scrolling in contacts problem. However of these 4 settings only Pagelow seems to do anything ... do you know what the other settings do?

Anyway for those who are getting too much scrolling in contacts or programs explorer screen, try lowering Pagelow setting.
Old 11-25-2008, 02:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

mxl180 is keeping up the good workmxl180 is keeping up the good workmxl180 is keeping up the good work

Defaults

PageHigh 80
PageLow 50
SpeedHigh 14
SpeedLow 5
Old 11-25-2008, 03:00 AM
Regular 'Geeker

dr g is keeping up the good workdr g is keeping up the good workdr g is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxl180 View Post
Defaults

PageHigh 80
PageLow 50
SpeedHigh 14
SpeedLow 5
You have SpeedLow and SpeedHigh reversed, the SpeedLow should be the higher number. I just realized that those numbers refer to the delay between scroll "steps" when you do a scroll, so the low speed scroll gets a higher delay.

ALSO, I think 14 and 5 are modified numbers... do you use TF3D config?
Old 11-25-2008, 03:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Okay, I think I have fully figured out how this works.
The settings in HKLM/Software/OEM/TFLOsettings apply to the system areas, NOT the TF3D apps. This is stuff such as the contact list, the WM programs explorer, file explorer, etc.

Pagelow = Low speed scroll page size
Pagehigh = High speed scroll page size
Speedlow = Low speed scroll speed (ms delay)
Speedhigh = High speed scroll speed (ms delay)
Pantype = Enable/disable grab scrolling (default 1, 0=disable)

The page size is the number of "units" the given interface scrolls when the low or high speed scroll is activated by gesturing (finger flick). For example a pagelow of 20 would scroll 20 contacts each time you flick scroll in the contact list. This is why with the default 50 and 80 settings, flick scrolling causes excessive scrolling in contacts with the device initially.

The low speed scroll is activated by the initial flick gesture. The high speed scroll is activated by an ADDITIONAL flick gesture DURING the scroll initiated by the low speed scroll gesture. So it's kind of like "revving up" the scroll.

The speedlow and speedhigh delays are the delays between the "units" scrolled during either scroll. As such, the speedlow number is higher than the speedhigh number. Thing is, if you set the speedlow number too small, the low speed scroll will finish so quickly, you will not be able to initiate the high speed scroll with an additional gesture.

Now to do "grab scrolling" i.e. controlled unit-by-unit scrolling, is tricky with these interfaces because you are prone to accidentally selecting an item, contact, etc. The trick is to do a very flat-fingered, deliberate drag of the screen. Press with the pad of your thumb and very consciously drag the screen up or down, and you should be able to do this type of scroll. Avoid using your fingernail for this, as that tends to register as a tap. The important part is that the finger remain in contact through the motion, until you stop the drag motion. If you lift your finger during the motion, you get a flick scroll.

EDIT: Here are the settings I have settled on, if you need a starting point:
Speedlow=100
Speedhigh=25
Pagelow=15
Pagehigh=50

Last edited by dr g; 12-17-2008 at 05:58 PM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 11-25-2008, 08:12 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Nice find, dr g

Now... how would we reduce the scroll speed in contacts only?
Old 11-25-2008, 03:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
Nice find, dr g

Now... how would we reduce the scroll speed in contacts only?
Unfortunately, I don't think it can be independently adjusted.
Old 11-26-2008, 12:35 AM
Elite Team Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro / Touch Pro2 / Dell Axim X51v

CLHatch is keeping up the good workCLHatch is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to CLHatch Send a message via MSN to CLHatch Send a message via Yahoo to CLHatch Send a message via Skype™ to CLHatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr g View Post
Unfortunately, I don't think it can be independently adjusted.
Well, if they can't be independently adjusted, I suppose it would be possible to use something like MortScript to change it when the Contacts window is active, and change it back when it becomes inactive.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro