PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Scrolling too much (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=43307)

aznmode 11-05-2008 05:57 PM

Scrolling too much

One flick and it scrolls too far down or too far up. When I try to stop it, it selects the item my finger lands on most of the time. Kind of annoying. Any way to adjust this?

darren.wlsn1 11-05-2008 06:13 PM

Re: Scrolling too much

i dont have a problem. try to either press lightly or press where theres no print.(if posible)

saqer 11-05-2008 06:16 PM

use your fingernail to initiate rapid scrolling and stop it simply with light tap from your thumb. For more controlled scrolling just grab screen and scroll with your thumb.

pyroz 11-07-2008 05:28 PM

same problem. except that when i light tap it with my thumb, it will go to text messages, even though I was scrolling in the email screen. i am using the JD rom if that helps.

marked 11-07-2008 05:56 PM

I have the same problem too. In my contacts if I scroll it will go forever, and most of the time when I tap the screen to stop it, it will open up that contact rather than just stopping the scrolling.

Is there any way to make it scroll more slowly so I can see where it is in the list? I did find that when I put on the screen protector, it worked a little better (I think it makes the touch screen a little less sensitive).

saqer 11-07-2008 05:58 PM

Here's another tip for precise scrolling. slide your finger lightly diagonally in the direction you want to scroll. Extremely effective. To avoid opening a contact i would tap very lightly again to stop scrolling or grab the screen with a quick swipe diagonally.

aznmode 11-17-2008 08:17 PM

Ok so I installed Ftouchflo 1.4 and Ftouchflo config and configured my delays to 100. Scrolling seems to respond better and I have better control on it. If I slowly scroll to the top or bottom of the screen and leave my finger there it will keep scrolling slowly. If I go more towards the Start bar or bottom bar it will scroll faster, and if I go back within the screen it scrolls slower. I dont remember if this was a normal function, but I'm content for now. Overall response is better. I'm hardly accidentally opening programs in File explorer now.

I also made sure to copy Ftouchflo in the programs folder to the StartUp folder so it will start automatically on reset.

The only drawback I found is that you can't recalibrate the screen unless you uninstall it. Which isn't a big issue since I rarely recalibrate.

hibby50 11-17-2008 08:22 PM

i use i contact ;)

aznmode 11-19-2008 04:29 PM

YES!!! finally I got it to scroll even slower and not to scroll too much. Using Regedit, go to HKLM > Software > OEM > TFLOSettings, change the following. Please make sure to write down the original setting if you want to revert back. I've since lost track what the default was but this works better for me so not a big deal.

PageHigh = 1
PageLow = 1
SpeedHigh = 100
SpeedLow = 14 (this might've been default already)

This extra setting below allows it to stop quicker when you tap the screen.

FingerPressure = 32 (higher the number the more sensitive)

aznmode 11-19-2008 04:45 PM

The only drawback I've seen so far is in some apps like File Explorer, it only scrolls 2 lines at a time. It only seems to affect system programs. You can still change this by adjusting the PageHigh and PageLow to a higher number (for example value =5) til you get the desired scrolling. I have the Diamond Tweak to use the Dpad to scroll here anyway so I left my settings at = 1.