PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2008, 05:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

stevenmh is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch-friendly alternative to TF3D

TF3D is really, really nice. It's also incredibly inflexible. I've used it for a week but now I'm ready to set up my device to do what I need it to do. However, I'd like to keep the touch-navigation rather than go back to stylus-only navigation. What I'd like is to have tabs at the bottom of the screen, with a floating panel for each that is minimized until I need it, in order to keep the rest of the screen visible for tasks/appointments/notes.

I tried UltimateLaunch and was overwhelmed by the options. I tried Touch Commander and it seemed sluggish and non-intuitive. I tried iLauncher and liked it, although there was no option to put the tabs on the bottom of the screen. I added Spacer to it with the fixed position option, and that works fine until my task list grows long enough, then it pushes the tabs off the bottom with a vertical scroll bar, and also garbles the tabs as the plugin above contacts it. Ideally, I would have wanted it to keep the tabs flush at the bottom and the vertical scroll only to the tasks/appts, but I understand that iLauncher can't tell other plugins what to do.

Is there anything out there that can achieve this? I'd be willing to learn UltimateLaunch if that's what it takes... but can UltimateLaunch even do this? Or is it just not possible to have a plugin fixed at the bottom with any required vertical scrollbars stopping at the top of that plugin?

And in case anybody is wondering, I don't want the tabs at the top because it will interfere with my pretty wallpaper.

Any advice is appreciated.
Old 11-05-2008, 05:59 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Re: Touch-friendly alternative to TF3D

Take the time to learn the ins/outs of UL.

That is an absolutely amazing program although the setup is not intuitive at all........

~John
Old 11-05-2008, 06:10 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

htc home customizer. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ht=HOME+Plugin
Old 11-05-2008, 06:18 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 16GB iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

DaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to DaPeeps Send a message via Yahoo to DaPeeps Send a message via Skype™ to DaPeeps

i was under the impression the home customizer doesnt work on the Pro

If I or someone else helps you out, don't just say thanks, click!
Old 11-05-2008, 06:24 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottsimon1979 View Post
i was under the impression the home customizer doesnt work on the Pro
it works, ive seen homescreens in the tp thread.
Old 11-05-2008, 06:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 16GB iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

DaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to DaPeeps Send a message via Yahoo to DaPeeps Send a message via Skype™ to DaPeeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
it works, ive seen homescreens in the tp thread.
Oh, i know theres a VGA version of HTC home, but HTC home Customizer doesn't work for it, correct? They are two seperate programs.
Old 11-05-2008, 07:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

stevenmh is becoming a great contributor

That's correct... I already looked into HTC Home + Customizer.
Old 11-05-2008, 07:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

elgreek84 is keeping up the good workelgreek84 is keeping up the good work

Maybe there's a VGA version of teh HTC Cube you can install somewhere? Also I would recommend Ftouchsl (www.ftouchsl.com) for touchflo/activecorners/gestures . I'm also not crazy about the manial3d deal, it seems slowish. I think a VGA HTC Home + FtouchSL would be simple and perfect, IMO.
Old 11-05-2008, 07:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic, Evo, TP2

TheMostToys is keeping up the good workTheMostToys is keeping up the good work

I personally have not used it, but ThrottleLauncher might be a good alternative: http://www.throttlelauncher.com/port...leases/84-094k
Old 11-05-2008, 07:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

what about Mobile Shell? set it as one of the soft keys and you have your finger friendly menus at the touch of a button...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro