PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2008, 09:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

eptd is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How to turn off notes on call?

I know this has been brought up many times but I can't seem to find it through a search. Can't search "notes off call" since off is too short. And doesn't bring it up if I leave "off" out.

when I go into phone settings and hit the advanced tab, there's a box you can check for opening the notes app if the stylus is pulled out. Where is the setting for notes when on call? It looks like this setting is specifically for the stylus. I've tried selecting this box and unchecking it and still get the notes app on calls.

On a side note, is it possible to have the keypad pop up while on call?
Old 11-04-2008, 09:13 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool
Re: How to turn off notes on call?

I'm confused by your question. The setting is so when you're in a call and you pull out the stylus, the notes app opens. What setting are you trying to locate?
Old 11-04-2008, 09:14 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by eptd View Post
I know this has been brought up many times but I can't seem to find it through a search. Can't search "notes off call" since off is too short. And doesn't bring it up if I leave "off" out.

when I go into phone settings and hit the advanced tab, there's a box you can check for opening the notes app if the stylus is pulled out. Where is the setting for notes when on call? It looks like this setting is specifically for the stylus. I've tried selecting this box and unchecking it and still get the notes app on calls.

On a side note, is it possible to have the keypad pop up while on call?
mine works the way you want by unchecking box. uncheck then soft reset. see if that works.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFool View Post
I'm confused by your question. The setting is so when you're in a call and you pull out the stylus, the notes app opens. What setting are you trying to locate?
My notes app will open just when I place a call, not when I pull the stylus out. This happens whether I select that box or not. I'm wondering if there's another place I need to check to turn this option off. I've done it before, but I can't remember how I did it.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:17 PM
Timeless

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

Quote:
My notes app will open just when I place a call, not when I pull the stylus out. This happens whether I select that box or not. I'm wondering if there's another place I need to check to turn this option off. I've done it before, but I can't remember how I did it.
That's not a feature, that's a unique problem you're having. My Notes never opens when I'm in a call, nor is it supposed to. There are no settings to make that happen as I can't imagine anyone would want it to. There's a Notes button to bring it up while in a call, but it's definitely not supposed to just open. There's no setting you're missing on this one, you have a genuine issue. Try a hard reset.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Well, I would like it to open the notes app IF i pull out the stylus, which makes sense to me. But I don't want it to open just because I place a call.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFool View Post
That's not a feature, that's a unique problem you're having. My Notes never opens when I'm in a call, nor is it supposed to. There are no settings to make that happen as I can't imagine anyone would want it to. There's a Notes button to bring it up while in a call, but it's definitely not supposed to just open. There's no setting you're missing on this one, you have a genuine issue. Try a hard reset.
Oh, i guess it may be possible that my cheek is opening the app then. lol. But it opens up all the time and it keep saving these ridiculous drawings that I have to delete every time.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:21 PM
Timeless

Quote:
Oh, i guess it may be possible that my cheek is opening the app then. lol. But it opens up all the time and it keep saving these ridiculous drawings that I have to delete every time.
That might be the case, yes, since it's definitely not set to open by itself.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I don't suppose there's a cab or reg edit to remove the note link? The option of having it open if the stylus is pulled out seems sufficient enough.
Old 11-05-2008, 05:55 PM
N00b

enormous is a n00b

Hey eptd, just so you know you're not crazy as I'm having the same issue. I was actually just searching for a way to disable this behavior too.

I too have the option for notes to open when stylus removed unchecked. I have also tried to set the screen to shut off during a call in the hope that that might stop notes from opening, and so far I'm not sure if it's working one way or the other.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro