PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2008, 07:24 PM
mabru2001

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Adding more programs to the Programs tab?

For some reason when I get to the bottom of the list when adding programs to the programs tab a new empty box appears but I cant add anything to it. If I try it just goes back to being blank and a new one appears next to it. This is really annoying. Are we suppose to be able to add as many as we want and mine is broken that way or are we not suppose to make anymore and mine is broke for adding new boxes?

On my fience diamond when I add stuff to the last cell thats all, no new boxes.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:56 PM
mabru2001

Re: Adding more programs to the Programs tab?

Anyone have any input on this? What does your phones do when filling up the program tab?
Old 11-05-2008, 10:10 AM
mabru2001

Guess ill give this one last bump.
Old 11-05-2008, 11:34 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

majorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmajorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmajorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmajorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Hey guys,

I had this happen to me and it still pops back up once in a while, it's an easy fix. You can only have 18 icons in the programs tab, the new one/s that keep popping up are useless. You can get rid of them by going in to your registry and delelting the offending entries.

Navigate to - HKLM\Software\HTC\Manila\ProgramLauncher\

In here look for a key that does not belong, you should have 0-17, when I get a rogue program icon it is usually listed as 100. Delete the whole key and voila the icon is gone. You don't have to reboot all you have to do is navigate to another tab and back to programs and the icon will be gone.

Hope this helps! I spent a butt load of time looking for a solution, eventually I just played around in the registry and fixed it myself!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-06-2008, 11:13 PM
mabru2001

Theres no way to have more than 18? Theres gotta be a reg edit for it somewhere.
Old 11-06-2008, 11:52 PM
mabru2001

And if we are limited in how many programs we can launch is there a way to create a category launcher? like add one icon for games on the program launcher and that will launch a screen that will list just all games. I want this as i hate to scroll through to find the game or program I want.
Old 11-07-2008, 12:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker

majorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmajorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmajorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmajorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I tried to figure this out as well, I wanted to have more icons but I could not find where I could set a number. I know there is a cab posted somewhere for creating a games folder in the programs tab but it takes over whatever icon is in the top right corner. Not the solution I was looking for. you can create your own but it seems quite involved just for a games folder. I believe it involved editing the reg and moving some folders around. Either way if you do figure it out let me know as I would like to add a few more icons.

When I did try to add my own they behaved the same way the rogue icons did, you can select it but can't assign anything to it.
Old 11-07-2008, 06:08 PM
mabru2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorassface View Post
I tried to figure this out as well, I wanted to have more icons but I could not find where I could set a number. I know there is a cab posted somewhere for creating a games folder in the programs tab but it takes over whatever icon is in the top right corner. Not the solution I was looking for. you can create your own but it seems quite involved just for a games folder. I believe it involved editing the reg and moving some folders around. Either way if you do figure it out let me know as I would like to add a few more icons.

When I did try to add my own they behaved the same way the rogue icons did, you can select it but can't assign anything to it.
Where did you see this cab?
Old 11-07-2008, 07:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

I'm assuming someone will figure out how to get more programs in the tab eventually... i guess we just have to wait. For now, i'm just using secondtoday to set up a program launcher on the today screen.
Old 11-12-2008, 01:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabru2001 View Post
Where did you see this cab?
Here: http://wmpoweruser.com/?p=804

Not sure if it is the best solution though!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro