PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2008, 02:07 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Sero FF500 and Unlimited Fav 5

falestinee4ever is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Texting on Touch Pro

Can some1 talk about how the txting is like on the TP. Is it threaded like in the mogul's latest rom the 6.1... or do they got a new thing going? Do u guys like it? I got the mogul right now my pro comes in tomor so i cant w8 but im just wondering. I txt alooot and i use Vito SMS Chat.. and i was wondering if they like did anything in the tp to make it like that or shud i just stick with vito chat wen i get the TP?
Old 11-04-2008, 02:08 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Sprint Family Shared 1500 Min.

chedda_chez is keeping up the good workchedda_chez is keeping up the good workchedda_chez is keeping up the good work
Re: Texting on Touch Pro

i have a question on this as well...is there a way to use the FULL keyboard in landscape mode? if you have it open in portrait mode its small but when you slide out your keyboard it stays open and looks AMAZING...but when in portrait, its too small, i tried to rotate while closed but nothing happened. would love a red edit or something for this.

THANKS...

-Chez
Old 11-04-2008, 02:14 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by falestinee4ever View Post
Can some1 talk about how the txting is like on the TP. Is it threaded like in the mogul's latest rom the 6.1... or do they got a new thing going? Do u guys like it? I got the mogul right now my pro comes in tomor so i cant w8 but im just wondering. I txt alooot and i use Vito SMS Chat.. and i was wondering if they like did anything in the tp to make it like that or shud i just stick with vito chat wen i get the TP?
texting is great so far on the pro.don't hate but you should spell out all of your words because i had to ask my children what it was that you were trying to say.
Old 11-04-2008, 02:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, BB Bold, BB 9650, HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

belizema1 is just getting started

Quote:

texting is nice and easy on the pro. I use the full qwerty and the transciber

Last edited by belizema1; 11-04-2008 at 02:58 AM.
Old 11-04-2008, 03:02 AM
N00b
Carrier: Sprint Sero FF500 and Unlimited Fav 5
Threadstarter

falestinee4ever is a n00b

i c so its basically the same thing as the mogul.... yah i think ill stick with the vito sms chat because i like the touch scrolling and being able to see all previous txts on one long page... i hope there is a way to make the sms chat program start without having to go into programs and opening it... if there was a way to like open using something similar to goodwin or like in spb shell... i dunno i just cant w8 to get my hands on the tp tomor....
Old 11-04-2008, 10:23 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

itouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

when i type on the keyboard.. sometimes i type faster then the screen can keep up .. is there some type of autocorrection going on? ... how do i disable that... i dont see any suggestion word boxes popping up though ....
Old 11-04-2008, 10:53 AM
Noob
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Baffles

Quote:
i c so its basically the same thing as the mogul.... yah i think ill stick with the vito sms chat because i like the touch scrolling and being able to see all previous txts on one long page... i hope there is a way to make the sms chat program start without having to go into programs and opening it... if there was a way to like open using something similar to goodwin or like in spb shell... i dunno i just cant w8 to get my hands on the tp tomor....
TP has touch scrolling and seeing all txts on a page.

And please speak full english, not shortened l33t text type. It is much easier to read normal english.

baf.cc | GPS Toggler | Touch Pro Essentials | Got MSL?
Donations are accepted and greatly appreciated.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-04-2008, 01:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

iceninja is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to iceninja

You can choose regular or threaded text. It is in the options.

Ice
Old 11-04-2008, 01:37 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr8820 View Post
texting is great so far on the pro.don't hate but you should spell out all of your words because i had to ask my children what it was that you were trying to say.
Rofl.

Then again, you should use commas and uppercase your I's and first letter of each sentence.
Old 11-04-2008, 01:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

xunknownx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxunknownx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxunknownx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxunknownx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxunknownx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to xunknownx

i use about anywhere from 1000-2000+ txt a month, this was coming from the mogul. and if your mogul was anywhere like the rest of us, the keys on the keyboard would get stuck, and you have to push it a few times in order for it to register. sometimes it would type double or tripple letters.

i have to say the keyboard on the touch pro feels ALOT better, and is way more responsive. not to mention the extra row of keys compared to the mogul.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro