PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2008, 02:54 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Compusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to Compusmurf Send a message via AIM to Compusmurf Send a message via MSN to Compusmurf Send a message via Yahoo to Compusmurf
Re: Remapping calendar to TF3D

Set the START to exclusive and see if that fixes the close all applications issue.
Old 11-15-2008, 07:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO

AceszHigh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAceszHigh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAceszHigh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAceszHigh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Anyone wanna try CABbing this tweak?

HOW TO integrate all your custom settings and registry tweaks into a ROM..the EASY way!
Old 11-16-2008, 09:33 AM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

I don't use PocketInformant, but if someone wants to send me a properly modified and signed copy of the files involved, I will gladly cab it up.
Old 11-19-2008, 06:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: AT&T FUZE

georgiejr is a n00b

itouch24: after doing this, in the TF3D screen, will PI show the upcoming appts, if so how many lines will it show.

It would be nice once you use the slide the screen and the time becomes smaller, then it should show at least the 1st line of every appointment that it can fit in that screen.

Maybe some programmer or developer can make this happend
Old 11-19-2008, 06:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

aspiar7807 is a n00b

it would be fantastic if someone could figure it out... i'll keep my eyes open and will gladly donate!
Old 11-29-2008, 06:02 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Post Re: Remapping calendar to TF3D

Here is a CAB installer that will patch the Calendar link (and ONLY the Calendar link) on the Home tab to open Pocket Informant instead of the default Calendar. NOTE: This may or may not disable the ability to show appointments directly on the Home tab. Test it before committing to it!

I have tested it ONLY on a clean system with Pocket Informant installed on the Device to the default folder. I don't actually use PI, so it's difficult for me to test this under non-default conditions, so if it works great... if not, sorry, but you're on your own.

Also, if you want additional hacks you're on your own. If you have already done other hacks involving Manila.exe, you're on your own. Other skinning/theming hacks should be fine, however, I make no promises.

Here's how to install this:

1. YOU MUST DISABLE TOUCHFLO3D BEFORE INSTALLING. IF YOU DON'T THE INSTALL WILL FAIL. Start > Settings > Today > Items tab > Uncheck TouchFLO3D > OK.

2. CLOSE EVERYTHING. Don't just minimize it or hide it. CLOSE IT with Task Manager.

3. Copy the cab to your phone via ActiveSync or SD card.

4. Use File Explorer to TAP on the cab file to start the install process. INSTALL TO DEVICE, NOT STORAGE CARD.

5. It will probably make you reset when it's done... DO SO.

6. Re-enable TouchFLO3D by doing the opposite of step 1.

TADA!

Again, if it doesn't work, it's probably because TouchFLO3D wasn't shutdown before installing OR because PocketInformant isn't installed where it belongs. I'm not going to do variations since my cab assumes PI was installed using default options.

Enjoy, and be sure to say THANKS to Medic in the original post for testing and submitting the patched files needed for this. All I did was cab it up to make the install easier.
Attached Files
File Type: cab PocketInformant_Manila_Tweak.cab (1.05 MB, 138 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by GoodThings2Life; 12-06-2008 at 12:51 PM.
This post has been thanked 7 times.
Old 11-30-2008, 06:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

Medic is keeping up the good workMedic is keeping up the good workMedic is keeping up the good work

Awesome!!! One simple working cab.
Old 11-30-2008, 11:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

aspiar7807 is a n00b

fantastic thanks!
Old 12-03-2008, 02:21 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

1. This should work on the Diamond as well, correct?
  2. I see that using the CAB disables the calender view on the Home tab... will doing the hack manually do the same thing? (I assume so, but thought I'd check.)
  3. Anyone have a screenshot of what it looks like?
  4. Is it uninstallable?

I tried this on my Diamond and the good news is that it works, but only for the calender OR the contacts- not both. Since the PI exe file is the same for both (as far as I can tell) once you work with one of them, the other defaults back.

Last edited by Trident; 12-03-2008 at 03:08 PM.
Old 12-03-2008, 03:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

eptd is just getting started

I'd like to try to do this. I've followed the link from the first post to install pocket informant but I'm confused...Is it the two attached files at the bottom of the first post? Do I just need to install Pocket Informant and this cab for this to work? Thanks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro