PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Has your stylus switch broken
Still works after 2 weeks, crossing fingers 70 76.09%
Broke after a week 7 7.61%
Broke within days 6 6.52%
WHAT! there's switch, mine never worked! 9 9.78%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2008, 07:32 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Compusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to Compusmurf Send a message via AIM to Compusmurf Send a message via MSN to Compusmurf Send a message via Yahoo to Compusmurf
Re: How many still with stylus sensor/switch, and for how long????

I've taken my stylus out 3 times. I regularly carry a multifunction pen that has a stylus in it. I find that my "large" hands can't use that toothpick that comes with most phones, so it just stays in the phone.

I guess I'll probably never break mine then.
Old 11-04-2008, 07:35 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool
Re: How many still with stylus sensor/switch, and for how long????

Quote:
Originally Posted by correct View Post
probably defected, but i've notice that if you put the phone in the case the wrong way i.e screen facing away from the hip, & stylus facing down, the stylus will get snagged out when you pull the phone back out. i've realized that when i first got the phone. if you're not careful you'll either lose the stylus (lost one already), or possibly damage that mechanical mechanism, whenever you sit down (if the stylus is not in the phone completely). now i alway put the phone in the case with the screen facing away from the hip, stylus up, and i don't have that problem anymore.
I actually had that problem with it facing in for the first day or two. Not sure if I subconsciously changed the way I grabbed it or what, but doesn't happen anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCzech View Post
Thanks for replies so far; is there a flimsiness of the HTC thread anywhere here that I can be pointed to for further research?
I’m coming off of Treo 600 (p), Treo 650 (p), Treo 700WX.
Those phones were all bullet-proof, dropped them all numerous times, and only complain I can think of (only one that failed on me) is the 700WX with it’s proprietary power plug that will not charge after 20 months (reason for HTC Touch Pro upgrade).
I think if I dropped the HTC it would break into pieces, the screen sliders don’t seem very sturdy brand new…… I’m a heavy user, work IT sys admin so messages every few minutes, texts constantly, in and out of pocket as belt cases suck, climb under stuff, into cramped rooms….and then there is home life where I work in a yard, on my rental properties, etc. I just have to have something that “takes the licking and keeps on ticking” and I just don’t see this one lasting 6 months, not to mention the 2 years of contact….
No thread I'm aware of, and shouldn't be necessary. I work the same job you do with the same heavy phone, text, and e-mail usage and had a Mogul for the last 18 months before this one. Not only does this feel better built than my Mogul did, but the Mogul lasted flawlessly from a hardware perspective for the entire time despite multiple drops and plenty of chips and scratches building up from said drops. I stick to a holster, though, as pocket scratches, pocket dialing, and fishing around for it suck. I'm really not concerned about the build quality of this one, it feels great to me.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-04-2008, 07:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo 800

CrazyCzech is just getting started
Re: Why when I remove my stylus doesnt my Pro come on anymore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat boy View Post
thanks, if your saying there is a switch that goes in and out than mine is broken.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=43117

picture of the sensor/switch and discussion of the issue
Old 11-04-2008, 08:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sprint touch pro

zeromobius is a n00b

hey fat boy i think ur right, my tp used to turn on after removing the stylus, but then i remember that yesterday when i tryed puttin the stylus back in it didnt go in right, it felt like it was jammed, then i pulled out a little chunk or sumtin,, lol i didnt no wut it was until now on this forum, it must have been the switch, damn this sux, should i return my tp? kuz i like that feature

Last edited by zeromobius; 11-04-2008 at 08:42 PM.
Old 11-04-2008, 08:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo 800

CrazyCzech is just getting started
Exclamation Re: Why when I remove my stylus doesnt my Pro come on anymore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeromobius View Post
hey fat boy i think ur right, my tp used to turn on after removing the stylus, but then i remember that yesterday when i tryed puttin the stylus back in it didnt go in right, it felt like it was jammed, then i pulled out a little chunk or sumtin,, lol i didnt no wut it was until now on this forum, it must have been the switch, damn this sux, should i return my tp? kuz i like that feature

A pattern is staring to emerge!!!!!!
Old 11-05-2008, 12:04 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP

damion4355 is a n00b

Same happened to me today. Had my phone since 10/25. Went to pull the stylus and it felt tight. Looked inside and noticed the switch was flapping around in there. Guess I'll be on the phone with Sprint tomorrow, after seeing this thread.
Old 11-05-2008, 02:00 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro/Wing
Carrier: Sprint / Tmo

neogeek is a n00b
Looks like stylus power trigger is not magnetic

It looks like the stylus power trigger is not run by magnets, but instead there is a little black switch that if you tap with the stylus it turns on.

While it does use magnets to keep the stylus in, the two systems are seperate from eachother. Probably a cover up for the use of a velcro case.

It isnt a problem or anything for me, I just though that I would point it out.
Old 11-05-2008, 02:04 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Looks like stylus power trigger is not magnetic

magnetic styli was a big selling point for me, im returning mine.
Old 11-05-2008, 02:05 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Sprint Family Shared 1500 Min.

chedda_chez is keeping up the good workchedda_chez is keeping up the good workchedda_chez is keeping up the good work

been discussed here a few times already, ppl have been buying magnetic cases and they work fine.

-Chez

lol @ darren.
Old 11-05-2008, 02:08 AM
Timeless

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

Welcome to the day after we got the phone.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro