PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2008, 02:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evolicious
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

TreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: VGA HTC Home w/ Haptic Hardware!!!!!

The newer version seems to be working fine and the haptic hardware seems to function quick enough. Thanks to stevedog1 for bringing this version back to our attention and finding PJC007's version from XDA.
Old 12-19-2008, 03:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: palm pre

yotoad is keeping up the good workyotoad is keeping up the good work
Re: VGA HTC Home for TouchPro Found!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyBeno View Post
This is a version that was posted by stevedog1 in another thread started earlier today. i tried this version a while ago but it didnt want to install. Maybe i had a corrupt file or something. It looks about the same but it does have some differences and its only one cab to install. The first difference is that it does not have the music tab but it does have the other five. Next the colon between the clock numbers is spaced farther apart. Also there seems to be some kind of hard button feedback that was stuck in without it being listed. When u press a hard button it will vibrate quickly. I also noticed that it fixes the lack of vibration control on the sound setting tab. Other than that it works fine with no problems. YOU CANT USE HHC still but this is a decent version so check it out.

Also updated the first post
can you remove tabs? and can you uninstall it? can you move tabs around?
sony clie peg-t665c: 5/2002-3/2006
palm v - 5/1999-4/2002
Old 12-19-2008, 10:44 PM
c22002

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

is there any way to get the music player tab to work? it is saying that it cannot launch the htc audio manager, i dont have the htc audio manager installed so which version would i need and if i just install it will the tab work?

Last edited by c22002; 12-19-2008 at 11:12 PM.
Old 12-19-2008, 10:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: tp2!
Carrier: the one

orlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stuff

Quote:
The newer version seems to be working fine and the haptic hardware seems to function quick enough. Thanks to stevedog1 for bringing this version back to our attention and finding PJC007's version from XDA.
have u noticed if there is a difference in memory used between the two versions.. storage or ram?
Old 12-19-2008, 11:19 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO3D
Carrier: SERO-P

lafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stuff

this version over at xda works with the customizer...

when i tried to use it with ul however it shrunk down to qvga resolution. not sure how to fix that. it works fine as a regular today screen though and so far i have customized the clock and icons using hhc 1.0.
Attached Files
File Type: cab htchome2.cab (1.44 MB, 42 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-20-2008, 01:37 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: tp2!
Carrier: the one

orlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafester View Post
this version over at xda works with the customizer...

when i tried to use it with ul however it shrunk down to qvga resolution. not sure how to fix that. it works fine as a regular today screen though and so far i have customized the clock and icons using hhc 1.0.
this is vga?? or qvga stretched? and could u please post the xda thread for it... thanks
Old 12-20-2008, 09:41 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

TreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotoad View Post
can you remove tabs? and can you uninstall it? can you move tabs around?
The PJC version can not be customized as far as I know so u cant remove or move tabs around. Since its a cab it should simply uninstall through ur remove programs. As far as HTCHome2. I saw this version before but didnt like the QVGA effect. As fas as RAM usage, it seems the PJC version is a little better on memory.
Old 12-20-2008, 10:58 AM
Lurker

mcduffer is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1aone View Post
Thats what I say.. Why by the touch pro if you want it like the older phones?? No sense in upgrading. lmao
I agree. I bought my Diamond for exactly what it was. Touchflo may be a little laggy sometimes but I think I have not 1 complaint of this phone. This is a KICKA$$ phone. But everyone likes what they like right? I just couldnt imagine buying say a Diamond or Pro or(i wish) the Touch HD and making it look like an older WindowsMobile phone. Why not just keep what ya had?
Old 12-20-2008, 11:38 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcduffer View Post
I agree. I bought my Diamond for exactly what it was. Touchflo may be a little laggy sometimes but I think I have not 1 complaint of this phone. This is a KICKA$$ phone. But everyone likes what they like right? I just couldnt imagine buying say a Diamond or Pro or(i wish) the Touch HD and making it look like an older WindowsMobile phone. Why not just keep what ya had?
All that says is that u dont want functionality at all but just something to look cool. Can we all say compensating? Some of us arent that shallow and want our phones to be the productive tools that they are meant to be. If u dont want functionality and want something "cool" to look at go get a flip phone. Its what u really need. It does calls, pictures, and texting. Everything else in these newer phones is pointless if u cant get to it quickly. Hey some people want a ferrari to drive and others want a ferrari just for show but whats the point. To each his own i say. The only real complaint about this phone is TF3D. Its a truth some people have a hard time swallowing.
Old 12-20-2008, 02:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
If u dont want functionality and want something "cool" to look at go get a flip phone.
ROTFL, or an iphone..........

I agree 100% by the way, some people actually buy newer phones to get things like speed & power (not TF3D)

~John

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro