PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2008, 11:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

BustedNuts1 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wasn't blown away

I know I'm gonna get flammed for this, and I know that I should have posted this in the review thread, but I wanted to draw a little more attention to it.

I played with a touch pro at Best Buy yesterday, and I wasn't at all impressed with the feel. I had been waiting for this phone for like 6 months now, was actually in Best Buy to purchase it. However, I didn't end up buying it. It felt... weird. Don't know how to describe it.

The metal casing around the side of the phone is just gonna be a magnet for scratches. Also, the gray back plate and gray around the keyboard just looks UGLY. Man the GSM version of this phone looks slick, with all that black. I think sprint really dropped the ball on this color scheme.

Yeah, I know that this is probably the best phone out for the American audience, but its still not that bada ss phone I've been looking for. Don't feel HTC got it quite right yet again. Anybody else feel this way?
(this is only from a cosmetic stand point)

Also, I felt like the keyboard was too small.

Last edited by BustedNuts1; 10-26-2008 at 11:17 PM.
Old 10-26-2008, 11:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Phreddo is becoming a great contributor
Re: Wasn't blown away

it was either keep the mogul or get the touch pro
and the touch pro makes the mogul look like a pile of puke
Old 10-26-2008, 11:17 PM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Baffles

What grey around the keyboard? The only grey on my phone is the back plate, and I don't think it looks _that_ bad.

baf.cc | GPS Toggler | Touch Pro Essentials | Got MSL?
Donations are accepted and greatly appreciated.
Old 10-26-2008, 11:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

i haven't seen either in person, but I think the gsm one is ugly... for something so thick, it's nice of sprint to round it out for us. The squared edges only looks nice if the phone is slim.

Besides, who cares about a back plate... if that's enough to turn you off from buying the tp, then you probably shouldn't get it. For the rest of us, it's about the vga screen, 5 row keyboard, and vastly improved memory/speed. If cosmetics is your priority, maybe you should go for an iPhone.
Old 10-26-2008, 11:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

BustedNuts1 is becoming a great contributor

I'm just whining. I built it up to be cooler than it actually turned out to be. I just finally wanted something that looked as cool as it was.

I actually think the 5 row keyboard is a nuisance, keys are WAY smaller than the mogul. I was actually looking forward to having a keyboard again (coming from touch, originally had the mogul).

I know that cosmetics aren't important. Just feels like this phone lacks the WOW factor that I was expecting.
Old 10-26-2008, 11:31 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipidfats View Post
i haven't seen either in person, but I think the gsm one is ugly... for something so thick, it's nice of sprint to round it out for us. The squared edges only looks nice if the phone is slim.

Besides, who cares about a back plate... if that's enough to turn you off from buying the tp, then you probably shouldn't get it. For the rest of us, it's about the vga screen, 5 row keyboard, and vastly improved memory/speed. If cosmetics is your priority, maybe you should go for an iPhone.
You know what? I think that GSM version looks horrible as well, with all the squared edges or what not it does make it look like a black brick. I like Sprints chrome with the grey backing, it adds a little contrast to the veiw and the rounded edges make it appear to be less of a brick in comparison to the GSM version.

Old 10-26-2008, 11:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

gxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to gxnext Send a message via AIM to gxnext Send a message via MSN to gxnext Send a message via Yahoo to gxnext Send a message via Skype™ to gxnext
Talking Re: Wasn't blown away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreddo View Post
it was either keep the mogul or get the touch pro
and the touch pro makes the mogul look like a pile of puke
I have to agree. and might i add... LMAO!
Old 10-26-2008, 11:36 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone4
Carrier: AT&T

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

'I know I should have posted this in the review thread'

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro