PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2008, 07:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Zekeman is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Anyone returning thier Touch Pros?

Yeah, This is def a keeper, and Im way happier already with it over the Mogul.
Old 10-26-2008, 07:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

BeckyG is a n00b

I've upgraded from the Mogul and after playing with the Pro for 2 days; I'm very happy with it and will not be returning it. In comparison to the Mogul; it's faster, the touchflo is awesome, no lock ups (yet), keyboard keys are a bit harder to push but I like the layout of it much better, the Pro seems smaller even if its size is pretty much the same as the Mogul, and the camera is better. I do not like that the call history is on the home page (not sure if there's a way to get rid of that but I haven't found it yet); I don't ever use that feature and would rather have more room for calendar info, and it does get really hot after extended periods of use (as you tend to do in the beginning). I am having a problem getting my Calendar to start in anything but agenda view but expected to have some bugs in the beginning since it is a new phone.

In my opinion, this phone isn't even in the same class as the 800w! My husband has that phone & although it is a nice phone; the Pro has a lot more features, is faster & the keyboard beats the Palm's keyboards anyday. I do a lot of typing on my phones and you couldn't pay me to use the Treo's keyboard in place of the Pro.

The Pro is a keeper....
Old 10-26-2008, 07:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

groovdafied is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by karong View Post
Yes I agree, TP has alot of nice features but the Treo is a more practical everyday phone
I don't understand, what makes the Touch Pro not as practical?
Old 10-26-2008, 07:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo-lution
Threadstarter

karong is keeping up the good workkarong is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintTouch08 View Post
yuck id never go back to a 800w you couldnt pay me, if you think the Pro has bugs/issues man the 800w is 5 times worse. No standalone gps, HORRIBLE muffled earpiece, 2006-7 hardware, bigger than the Pro. Overall its pretty much a more expensive downgrade from the Pro- its typical Palm a year behind and overpriced
I dont want to turn this into a battle between the 800w and the Pro but i have to strongly disagree with what you said. In the 3 months ive used the 800 i can count on one hand the times it froze or i encounted a bug. It has been rock solid in all areas. The earpiece may sound a BIT muffled but at least I can hear it, unlike the Pro. I think the form factor and hardware is great. I can go on but i guess its all subjective and I dont want to get off topic of the thread
Old 10-26-2008, 07:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 16GB iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

DaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to DaPeeps Send a message via Yahoo to DaPeeps Send a message via Skype™ to DaPeeps

I will most certainly be keeping mine. As it is, out of box...I love it. I can only imagine was the chefs and community around here are going to be able to do with these phones.

I am in love with it, as a matter of fact.

If I or someone else helps you out, don't just say thanks, click!
Old 10-26-2008, 07:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

eryeal is a n00b

Actually I'm still in the deciding phase - I really *really* don't like the fact that TouchFlo isn't more customizable. Yes I know there are hacks out there, but in my opinion you shouldn't need a hack to be able to customize such an important item as your interface. I should be able to customize what's on my home page, I should be able to easily just drag and drop programs in the program page and change the order of the programs without having to remove it from the list and then put it back in to a different place. I should be able to customize the menu buttons.. It should tell me how many new email messages it is downloading rather than waste for me to "guess" when it's done - or wait on the data link to disconnect to know when it's done sending/receiving.. The touch sensitivity is off - probably only about 60-70% of the time does it do exactly what I want it to - the other times I need to repeat the touch (yes the screen is calibrated). Still haven't figured out how to get voice command to announce incoming calls despite a few hours of trying to figure it out .. froze first overnight charge, although hasn't repeated (cross fingers) .. lock function is not the greatest - would like it to incorporate the Windows Mobile type of lock/unlock feature .. it only displays ONE upcoming appointment (what?!) .. IMO - the TouchFlo interface is just poorly, poorly, poorly designed - definitely for looks and not for functionality.

In a practical sense, the Windows Mobile interface is much, much better - but part of the reason I purchased the phone was the great TouchFlo interface that is not near as great as I thought. I can only hope upgrades will become available that will have greatly enhanced customization options.

Last edited by eryeal; 10-26-2008 at 08:00 PM.
Old 10-26-2008, 08:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6700, Touch Pro
Carrier: Was Verizon, now Sprint

rransburgh is just getting started

I am happier than a pig in poo. I love mine and actually enjoy hacking phones to make them better than other people's.
Old 10-26-2008, 08:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo-lution
Threadstarter

karong is keeping up the good workkarong is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovdafied View Post
I don't understand, what makes the Touch Pro not as practical?
For me, its easier and faster to do simple tasks like texts, email etc from the Treo opposed to the Pro. Like i said thats just me though. Im not bashing the Pro in anyway, i think it has alot of positives and i went thru alot to finally get this phone but im just bit disappointed. Maybe my expectations were too high
Old 10-26-2008, 08:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by eryeal View Post
Actually I'm still in the deciding phase - I really *really* don't like the fact that TouchFlo isn't more customizable. Yes I know there are hacks out there, but in my opinion you shouldn't need a hack to be able to customize such an important item as your interface. I should be able to customize what's on my home page, I should be able to easily just drag and drop programs in the program page and change the order of the programs without having to remove it from the list and then put it back in to a different place. I should be able to customize the menu buttons.. It should tell me how many new email messages it is downloading rather than waste for me to "guess" when it's done - or wait on the data link to disconnect to know when it's done sending/receiving.. The touch sensitivity is off - probably only about 60-70% of the time does it do exactly what I want it to - the other times I need to repeat the touch (yes the screen is calibrated). Still haven't figured out how to get voice command to announce incoming calls despite a few hours of trying to figure it out .. froze first overnight charge, although hasn't repeated (cross fingers) .. lock function is not the greatest - would like it to incorporate the Windows Mobile type of lock/unlock feature .. it only displays ONE upcoming appointment (what?!) .. IMO - the TouchFlo interface is just poorly, poorly, poorly designed - definitely for looks and not for functionality.

In a practical sense, the Windows Mobile interface is much, much better - but part of the reason I purchased the phone was the great TouchFlo interface that is not near as great as I thought. I can only hope upgrades will become available that will have greatly enhanced customization options.
I think that's the whole beauty of the Win Mo OS...even though TF3D must be used under a customizer to do what you want, you can easily just remove TF3D and go with something you feel is more feasible to your needs.

However my heavy opinion about TF3D to why it's closed for customization, because they don't want people to do things to it to where it would cause problems. Adding a type of customization may make the app unstable.
Old 10-26-2008, 08:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by karong View Post
For me, its easier and faster to do simple tasks like texts, email etc from the Treo opposed to the Pro. Like i said thats just me though. Im not bashing the Pro in anyway, i think it has alot of positives and i went thru alot to finally get this phone but im just bit disappointed. Maybe my expectations were too high
Perhaps... I'm not bashing you either... so all is good

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro